Live Aquaria Review/good Online Fish Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
hello, I'll be buying a good number of fish and was wondering if live aquaria is a good source to purchase from? I'd be purchasing over twenty so I want to make sure they are a good place to buy from. Also do you know if they guarantee live arrival? I'm open to buying from other places as well, but would really prefer to get all my fish from one place. I'll be getting-
Buenos aires
Serpea
Cherrybarb
Panda Cory
Any help is appreciated!

OP
Platylover

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I've heard very good things about wetspot, but when I checked them out they didn't have the panda cories. I can probably shoot them an email when I get closer to ordering them and see if they can get them.

Discusluv

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've heard very good things about wetspot, but when I checked them out they didn't have the panda cories. I can probably shoot them an email when I get closer to ordering them and see if they can get them.
Im sure they can, they have alot of varieties and im sure they have a supplier who will have the Pandas

BuddyD

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Some are very high on their shipping and handling. I don't know if they have what you're looking for but petsolutions.com is one of the lowest i've seen on S&H and i'm going to try Imperial Tropicals who has free S&H for orders over $45.

OP
Platylover

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Some are very high on their shipping and handling. I don't know if they have what you're looking for but petsolutions.com is one of the lowest i've seen on S&H and i'm going to try Imperial Tropicals who has free S&H for orders over $45.
Decisions decisions... It's hard to decide! Thanks for the input, I'll check both out!
I've been to Wetspot as well, it's in my town so I just drop in. If they're good online I can say they are good with their store front as well.
You are lucky to have a good local supplier for freshwater fish. Mine are terrible...
I was thinking the same thing... I'm jealous!

Discusluv

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I was actually directed to them by a guy at Petsmart. He said if you really want good fish in the future go to Wetspot.
I have a Petsmart and Petco-if I go in there (which I do often to get items for my dog and cats) I no longer look at the fish, it makes me too upset because of their poor condition. Ive seen some people say on here that their local Petco or Petsmart have good fish. Not mine...

OP
Platylover

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
At least you have someone that knows good fish when they see them at your Petsmart!
I have a Petsmart and Petco-if I go in there (which I do often to get items for my dog and cats) I no longer look at the fish, it makes me too upset because of their poor condition. Ive seen some people say on here that their local Petco or Petsmart have good fish. Not mine...
mine aren't horrible, the probably I've run into most lately is with the betta. They look fine on the outside usually, but tend to only last a few months...

Five 97

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Liveaquaria doesn't seem to have a very good rating, I personally wouldn't order from them.
You can just tell sometimes by looking at some of their pictures that the fish don't really seem to be enjoying life in their facility... and by that I mean they look to be barely surviving.

Besides wetspot, Trinsfish and Aquaticarts are really nice places to order from. Not sure if they have the fish you mentioned currently in stock though.

OP
Platylover

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yeah, that's what I was worried about as I thought I had heard negative things about them. Glad I asked! I'll probably try Wetspot and worse comes to worse I can get the fish I'm missing from my good LFS.
Thanks for all the help!

Five 97

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
My Lfs will special order a fish for me along with their normal weekly order, and will let me know to drop by when the shipment has arrived; see if your's will do the same.

Edit: just saying in case you haven't already checked the places out, or if business with wetspot or your Lfs doesn't work out.

Between the two of them, aquatic arts and trinsfish have most all the fish you mentioned, except the buenos aires tetra.

Last edited:

Tiny_Tanganyikans

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've ordered from too many online vendors and many different fish.

For the fish mentioned I would recommend petsolutions.com they have them, and cheap. I've actually purchased the same fish from them and theyre doing very well .

Live aquaria is good but expensive... I tend to only purchase from their divers den section. Anymore

OP
Platylover

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Apparently Wetspot does have pandas and I'm just blind(as usual). So that's great! Now here's the thing I'm wondering now, it'd be considerable cheaper to do proirity, but should I do overnight so it's guaranteed refund for DOA's? Or are they trustable enough to just go priority? I already love their costumer service(they got back to me within hours of an email), they seem like a good place. Just wondering what everyone's opinions are on that.

Tiny_Tanganyikans

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Apparently Wetspot does have pandas and I'm just blind(as usual). So that's great! Now here's the thing I'm wondering now, it'd be considerable cheaper to do proirity, but should I do overnight so it's guaranteed refund for DOA's? Or are they trustable enough to just go priority? I already love their costumer service(they got back to me within hours of an email), they seem like a good place. Just wondering what everyone's opinions are on that.
Wetspot is great I've never had a bad shipment, they've delayed a couple of times due to weather after contacting me. Never got pandas from them, mostly rare cichlids.

I ordered pandas from petsolutions as they were cheap.

AllieSten

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I was just looking at their site. And it says it only guarantees fish if they are shipped overnight. They won't replace any dead stock if it is shipped via ground. To me it would be worth the extra in shipping to get live fish, & money back for the ones that don't survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom