Little worms, harmful or fine?

Cody R.

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I haven't posted on here much, or at all, but I need some help to identify some worms and know if they are harmful, or not.
With the quarantine I've been able to refocus some time and effort on my little aquarium and fix a few things. That is, finally get my light to co2 right, get rid of built up algae, and actually get more than 2 shrimp in my tank again.
Long story short, I noticed 1 little white worm about a week ago after I already had new shrimp on their way from aquabid. I didn't think much of it and just thought it was a detritus worm. Fast forward to today: I've had 4 shrimp die and all of a sudden there are a ton of these worms on my aquarium glass. Water parameters are fine everytime I check them, so I'm wondering if these worms are harmful.
Let me know, please. Sorry for the photo quality, I got the best pictures i could.

Attachments

Feohw

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Those are rhabdocoela flatworms. No harm at all. I'd look into other reasons for the shrimps deaths. Such as how you acclimated and such. Do you know your GH and KH as well?

StarGirl15

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have those too in my shrimp tank. Ive been told it is because fish eat them and shrimp dont thats why you tend to see them in shrimp tanks. Planeria are the bad ones. They have a triangle head with 2 black dots like eyes on it.

New Threads