Little White Worm Things - Ugh!

ToRo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
So, this morning I look in my tank and I have little white worm things on the glass, mostly in the back (yikes, it seems like if it's not one thing to worry about it's another ) They are tiny... what are they and how do I get rid of them? I put a new moss ball in about a week ago and planted new plants yesterday, would that have anything to do with it? I do wc every week (at least) and have two filters on. The water "looks" good and clear with the exception of those things. Water parameters are all good - and I have new fish coming tomorrow... what should I do?

rubysword

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
They are probably just nematodes.... Pics would be helpful. They are probably harmless, and yummy snacks for the fish!

ToRo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Here is a picture, sorry it's not very clear, they are on the back of the tank...

rubysword

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
They look like planaria, which are harmless unless you have shrimp. Plecs like to ea them, if I remember correctly. What type of fish are you getting?

ToRo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
They look like planaria, which are harmless unless you have shrimp. Plecs like to ea them, if I remember correctly. What type of fish are you getting?
Ember tetras, but have 2 cherry shrimp in the tank and a small pleco that will be rehomed... :/

How do I get rid of them? I did a 30% wc and it doesn't look like as many this a.m. I wouldn't want them to affect my shrimp...

Last edited by a moderator:

rubysword

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
The only shrimp they will affect are babies... unless they are huge. You're on the right track, tho. Planaria form because of excess food. Extra wcs and monitering the amount of food will get rid of them.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom