little upset at work

frampy

A couple weeks ago I had offered one of my tanks to set up for the residents. I was planning on taking care of it for free. Well today I came in and the have rented a tank and are paying a service to care for it. Kind of made me mad! Why spend money that doesn't even need to be spent. They just set it up today and it is already stocked with fish. I wasn't there to see what they did to cycle it. So they might have used safestart but not to sure. Oh well at least there is a tank at work!

FL CommunityFans

Look at it this way, someone is employed because of your idea!

Fashooga

Well I think it really comes from a liability standpoint.

If your job is to be a physical therapist and help patients than that's what you do. But if you decide to bring in a tank, than accidently hurt your back while cleaning the tank on their time, than you set your self and the company you work for a workers compensation claim. Your job is to be a physical therapist and not a fishkeeper, it's not your duty to do this, nor it doesn't benefit the company you work for.

Thus the company is taking the risk out by leaving it to somebody who is bonded and insured to do that work.

I wouldn't be upset at it, it's business.

Cygnus

You did a great thing by getting your bosses to bring in a fish tank.

As a business owner, I completely agree with Fashooga, it's a liability nightmare to have an employee to do things that aren't part of their job.

I could see the O.S.H.A. questions now, "Do you run a fish store, so explain exactly how does a physical therapist injure themselves tending fish at your business?"

endlercollector

I can see the need to limit your work to your job description, plus us caretakers have to be kept under control or we quickly overextend ourselves. But it does cause people's blood pressure to go when there's a tank of suffering, dying fish, and I've seen enough "professionals" who didn't know how to stock a tank.

Hang in there, and consider liberating some of the fish after hours for appropriate rehoming. It would certainly look like someone had passed and been consumed in the night

frampy

I know the reasons why they went with a company just feel left out.

Cygnus

At least you have fish at work, that's more than most can say.

frampy

Well happy anyway with having a tank. Its a nice tank I think like 65 gal tall its around 24-30 tall and about 3ft long. Its a saltwater tank so maybe I can pick up some things about saltwater! I will take a pic tomorrow.

Lilibeth_Seasong

Nice you have a tank at work, but just wondering...how do they set up a Saltwater in one day?

Ant

I'd be upset I didn't get to take care of it. We love our new fish projects! I'm sorry :-(

Rivieraneo

Don't be the architect of your own misery, enjoy the new tank! And make sure it's taken care of.

JRC3

I would think a service would seed or have established filters up and running for new tanks. Is there live rock in the tank?

And I get the feeling of being pushed out...But like stated above, there has to be boundries with your job description. But...We don't know the culture of your workplace.

Anyway you have pretty fish to look at sometimes while working.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom