Little snails, how do I get rid of them?

dafishman

Hello,

I have recently bought new lights and now have a lot of little snails. I bought an assassin snail to kill them, but he is not doing the job.
I have different plants and a 10 gallon tank.

kelm23

You can create a “snail magnet” by floating a piece of lettuce or cucumber in the tank. It should attract the snails and you can then remove them from the tank.

kelm23

I find romaine lettuce works well! Just make sure you rinse really well prior to putting in the tank as you would if you were eating it.

yukondog

Well Known
I have used squash [it's what I had] stick a fork in it and let it sit on the bottom and in the morning take out crush snails and feed to fish repeat the next night. Get any you see in tank or on glass till gone or to the population you want to be at.

OP
dafishman

dafishman

Thanks!!!
kelm23 said:
I find romaine lettuce works well! Just make sure you rinse really well prior to putting in the tank as you would if you were eating it.

John58ford

Well Known
Pleco wafers are my go to snail magnet. You can use a siphon hose without the bell to easily pull them up in a cluster or even individually. Caution: I use a siphon hose to change substrate too so be careful what you point it at.

New Threads