Help Little Light White Flake Things Stuck On Betta's Head

HelloKittyPowa

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Okay, so I noticed this morning that my crowntail has these light, but yet noticeable little flake particle things on his head and one of them look like they are maybe peeling? I made a video and uploaded some pics here.

I seen these particle things before like just 3 little light flake things and they go away and I'm thinking maybe this is the case, but he has more than just 3.

He has started burrowing a bit since a week ago and I'm thinking well maybe as he did so some particles of such is stuck on his head.

His water parameters: Ammonia: 0 Nitrite: 0 Nitrate: between 10-20

Does anyone have any idea?

Please watch video fully, the quality gets better.

OP
HelloKittyPowa

HelloKittyPowa

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Well that's a good start to know. I think he honestly got some floating particles stuck on him, maybe. Thanks though.

LeahsTank

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
It looks like an injury. Like skin/scales missing instead of something on him. But I may just not be able to see it very well. Is it possible he got himself temporarily stuck in an ornament or something.

OP
HelloKittyPowa

HelloKittyPowa

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
LeahsTank If it is that.. Does it require serious attention? Like medicine? Etc. I mean I do my water changes normally once a week and the parameters are fine as it is currently. Is there just anything else I can do besides monitoring him?

LeahsTank

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
See if anyone else chimes in to correct me. I’m still pretty new too, but if it is an injury, I think the best thing for him is clean water. If possible do a water change every day and use some stress coat as conditioner. I don’t have a Betta, but I’ve read that others use Indian almond leaves to help speed healing and to keep bettas more comfortable in general.

Edited to add: if you think he may have gotten stuck, double check all of the decor and make sure anything with a hole in it, is large enough for him to easily swim in and out without a problem. They like to explore, so make sure he can do that safely.

LagerthaM

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
LeahsTank said:
See if anyone else chimes in to correct me. I’m still pretty new too, but if it is an injury, I think the best thing for him is clean water. If possible do a water change every day and use some stress coat as conditioner. I don’t have a Betta, but I’ve read that others use Indian almond leaves to help speed healing and to keep bettas more comfortable in general.

Edited to add: if you think he may have gotten stuck, double check all of the decor and make sure anything with a hole in it, is large enough for him to easily swim in and out without a problem. They like to explore, so make sure he can do that safely.
She's right, clean water is always a good way to make sure that your fish doesn't get an infection. If it gets worse you can use some first aid spray or hydrogen peroxide. I don't know the exact parameters for the hydrogen peroxide.

OP
HelloKittyPowa

HelloKittyPowa

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Just an update: so as this week has passed I noticed Kory's little white specks are disappearing! We are left with just one more barely noticeable speck that was probably the most noticeable back when I posted this, but it looks like it is getting smaller and clearing up. So, he probably did accidentally lose some scales. >.< Or it all this time was just little specks. When I do his water change or adjust the filter a bit some little specks float here and there and maybe they got on him, but they disappear. I mean he is slimy so you never know, but I am just happy it was nothing at all. Thanks for the feedback guys.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom