Little Light White Flake Things Stuck On Betta's Head Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by HelloKittyPowa, Feb 28, 2019.

1. HelloKittyPowaValued MemberMember

Okay, so I noticed this morning that my crowntail has these light, but yet noticeable little flake particle things on his head and one of them look like they are maybe peeling? I made a video and uploaded some pics here.

I seen these particle things before like just 3 little light flake things and they go away and I'm thinking maybe this is the case, but he has more than just 3.

He has started burrowing a bit since a week ago and I'm thinking well maybe as he did so some particles of such is stuck on his head.

His water parameters: Ammonia: 0 Nitrite: 0 Nitrate: between 10-20

Does anyone have any idea?

Please watch video fully, the quality gets better.

2. Kaiden ogleValued MemberMember

Doesn't look like ick.

3. HelloKittyPowaValued MemberMember

Well that's a good start to know. I think he honestly got some floating particles stuck on him, maybe. Thanks though.

4. LeahsTankValued MemberMember

It looks like an injury. Like skin/scales missing instead of something on him. But I may just not be able to see it very well. Is it possible he got himself temporarily stuck in an ornament or something.

5. HelloKittyPowaValued MemberMember

@LeahsTank If it is that.. Does it require serious attention? Like medicine? Etc. I mean I do my water changes normally once a week and the parameters are fine as it is currently. Is there just anything else I can do besides monitoring him?

6. LeahsTankValued MemberMember

See if anyone else chimes in to correct me. I’m still pretty new too, but if it is an injury, I think the best thing for him is clean water. If possible do a water change every day and use some stress coat as conditioner. I don’t have a Betta, but I’ve read that others use Indian almond leaves to help speed healing and to keep bettas more comfortable in general.

Edited to add: if you think he may have gotten stuck, double check all of the decor and make sure anything with a hole in it, is large enough for him to easily swim in and out without a problem. They like to explore, so make sure he can do that safely.

7. LagerthaMValued MemberMember

She's right, clean water is always a good way to make sure that your fish doesn't get an infection. If it gets worse you can use some first aid spray or hydrogen peroxide. I don't know the exact parameters for the hydrogen peroxide.

8. HelloKittyPowaValued MemberMember

Just an update: so as this week has passed I noticed Kory's little white specks are disappearing! We are left with just one more barely noticeable speck that was probably the most noticeable back when I posted this, but it looks like it is getting smaller and clearing up. So, he probably did accidentally lose some scales. >.< Or it all this time was just little specks. When I do his water change or adjust the filter a bit some little specks float here and there and maybe they got on him, but they disappear. I mean he is slimy so you never know, but I am just happy it was nothing at all. Thanks for the feedback guys.

9. LeahsTankValued MemberMember

So glad he’s doing better.