Little Celebration for my Messed Up Tetras

bcfishtanks

Hi, everyone,

I just wanted to share how proud I am of two of my glowlight tetras. One was one of the first fish I got for my community tank. She got fungus three consecutive times, lost half a gill plate, almost starved herself to death, and likely has some brain damage now. She jumped out of the tank six months later, has come into contact with camallanus worms and lymphocystic without contracting either. 1.5 years later, she is happy and healthy (and dumb).

Additionally, I finished out my school back in December, and one of the fish is missing half her lower jaw. It was hard to tell how much of her face was gone when she was younger, but she is now full grown, robust, the friendliest of all my tetras (she's the only one that acknowledges my presence), and very clearly missing a good part of her face. However, she eats, swims, and hasn't contracted any illnesses.

I was told these two fish would not last very long since they're likely both highly immunocompromised. But I am very proud of how far they have come. I hope I have many more years with these two extremely deformed fish.

Nanonanny

That's an awesome story. Those are some very fortunate fish to have you taking care of them. A lot of people would of given up on them long ago and wrote them off.
That says a lot about your character.
Well done, I wish you and your fish many more years of happiness.
Now, let's see some pictures of the stars of the show.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
bcfishtanks
  • Question
Replies
Views
bcfishtanks
  • Question
20 Gallon Tank Help for my tetra
Replies
Views