Little Blue Guppy Interview

stella1979

I saw LittleBlueGuppy wants to be interviewed.

I've wanted to visit Oregon for a very long time. Are you coastal? How do you get down with nature?

Do you like The Goonies? (I'm old.)

Yay! You're a bookworm! Favorite fiction and non-fiction?

Frisbee

I am not on the coast, but I do live on 17 acres of forest on a mountain side which is super amazing cause we get to ride up in the mountains off the back of our property to BLM land and go 4weeling, also hiking, bird watching, just hanging out in the woods is fun. We get about a foot of snow on the ground every year, probably more but never at one time and it’s often soggy and heavy snow cause it’s not super cold. There is a mama bear and her cubs that lives on our mountain and we see her often when we go up there but she doesn’t mind us so it’s kind of cool.

I also absolutely LOVE snow boarding, but we don’t get to go very often cause it’s expensive.

Sorry, I do not know what the goonies are.

Yes, ima book worm.
The most special book is the Bible, but besides that I love The Lord of The Rings, Narnia, The Peleg Chronicles, Knights of Arethtrae, The Redemption (its a pirate story, really good book),
Right now for non fiction I am working on The Conscious Marine Aquarist, Natural Reef Aquariums and a simple guide to Marine Aquariums, all very interesting.

Oh! Adam of the Road was a great book, I just finished that one and it was very entertaining.

stella1979

What a great environment you have! I was born, raised and still live in flat, flat Florida but did spend about five years of my life in the Blue Ridge Mountains in western NC. I love the mountains!!

Oh my goodness, I'm showing my age... The Goonies is an 80's movie, a bit of a cult classic these days, about a group of kids that find adventure in coastal Oregon. The scenery made me dream of going there as a young kid. Might you give it a try?

Marine reading, eh? Do you have a salty tank? If so, what's in it? If not, do you have a plan? What's your dream marine tank? Do let me know if I can be of any assistance in this arena.

Frisbee

What a great environment you have! I was born, raised and still live in flat, flat Florida but did spend about five years of my life in the Blue Ridge Mountains in western NC. I love the mountains!!

Oh my goodness, I'm showing my age... The Goonies is an 80's movie, a bit of a cult classic these days, about a group of kids that find adventure in coastal Oregon. The scenery made me dream of going there as a young kid. Might you give it a try?

Marine reading, eh? Do you have a salty tank? If so, what's in it? If not, do you have a plan? What's your dream marine tank? Do let me know if I can be of any assistance in this arena.
I do not have a saltwater tank, but I dream of one. I absolutely love long horned cow fish, fire shrimp and clown fish, though I doubt they are all compatible. If I ever had one it would be a reef tank, but I don’t have money or space to start a saltwater tank.

Oregon is very pretty

stella1979

Well, I'm not gonna lie... reefing isn't cheap, but the tank doesn't have to be large, and I sorta think I'm a good budget reefer. We have a 20 gallon long mixed reef tank and I'm serious about offering any help I can if you decide to give it a try.

Frisbee

Well, I'm not gonna lie... reefing isn't cheap, but the tank doesn't have to be large, and I sorta think I'm a good budget reefer. We have a 20 gallon long mixed reef tank and I'm serious about offering any help I can if you decide to give it a try.
Oh I would, but I can’t cause we might move and already live in a very small house so I’m only aloud 1 tank

Do you have GALS (Giant African land snails) where you live? I’ve heard they are in Florida, I know they are illegal to keep in the states, but I still always wanted one (it not like the police would come bust down my door and throw me in jail cause I have an illegal snail, lol). It’s sad they are illegal in Oregon, they are considered invasive and are illegal in the states, but they would die if one did escape here in Oregon so I don’t even know why they are.

stella1979

Oh I would, but I can’t cause we might move and already live in a very small house so I’m only aloud 1 tank

Do you have GALS (Giant African land snails) where you live? I’ve heard they are in Florida, I know they are illegal to keep in the states, but I still always wanted one (it not like the police would come bust down my door and throw me in jail cause I have an illegal snail, lol). It’s sad they are illegal in Oregon, they are considered invasive and are illegal in the states, but they would die if one did escape here in Oregon so I don’t even know why they are.
Don't be sad... keep the dream alive! We had a saltwater tank when I way back in 1999 (I was 18 and just starting to get serious with a guy who is now my husband) but the move to NC in 2001 prevented us from keeping it. For ALL those years we wished for another. Years ago, our son had a goldfish but wanted another tank for tropicals, and by the time the boy had it, we were way too jealous. I live in a tiny house too! So we carved out a tiny space because our dream of a reef tank had never died and almost 3 years ago we started the current one. You'll get there too!

Why, of course, we have GALS in SoFlo... we are the land of invasive species after all. To be quite honest, I don't know much about the snail's impact here currently but I know they've been here, decimating crops and whatnot... possibly spreading parasitic diseases. I'm more concerned with pythons in the Everglades and lionfish on our reefs. Here's my favorite invasive species tagline... Save the Reef! Eat a Lionfish!

Frisbee

Maybe sometime if I got more space you would need to ship me a couple of snails. I could design them a perfect humid, heated enclosure and the perfect diet and sell their babies on the black market to all those other snails lovers in the US that can’t get ahold of them, lol, bet nobody has seen snails on the black market before

Frisbee

AJE Canaculus RainBetta

Cheesecake

Can you fly?

AJE

What other hobbies do you have?

Cheesecake

Do you like cars?
Can you speak any other languages?
Do you play any sports?
Have you been outside the country?
Do you like Marvel?
Do you like Star Wars?
Do you play any games (PC, Xbox, Mobile etc.)?
Are you an only child? If no, how many siblings do you have?
What's your favorite chocolate brand?
Do you like American Chinese food?
Do you like BBQ?

Frisbee

Can you fly?
Um... I have never tried...
What other hobbies do you have?
knitting (yea I’m crazy)
Drawing
Music
Firearm stuff (shooting, hunting, etc...)
Riding ATVs
Climbing trees
Fishing
Staring at fishlore
I love snowboarding, swimming, ice skating, archery and stuff (not sure if those are hobbies or not, I’ve never really figured out exactly what a hobby is)
Do you like cars?
Can you speak any other languages?
Do you play any sports?
Have you been outside the country?
Do you like Marvel?
Do you like Star Wars?
Do you play any games (PC, Xbox, Mobile etc.)?
Are you an only child? If no, how many siblings do you have?
What's your favorite chocolate brand?
Do you like American Chinese food?
Do you like BBQ?
1: if it’s a Toyota
2: not really, took a little French, and besides that I leaned how to write in elvish (J.R.R.Tolkiens made up language) lol
3: I love to play just about any sport, but I’m not in a team of anything if that’s what you mean
4: no, I’ve never even been in a state that wasn’t touching Oregon
5; Marvel, ehhhh, sorta, I think some of the super heroes are cool, but we don’t watch most marvel because of the creepy super heroes and bad content otherwise
6: no, it has the elements of a good story but the force is way to creepy for me
7: yes, WOT Blitz (World of tanks blitz) that’s about it
8: I am the youngest of 5, yea, we kinda had our own sports team, I have really awesome siblings, they are really really nice brothers and sister (I have 1 sister and 3 brothers)
9: Lindor
For 10 and 11 my answer is this “Food is food and food is good” (with the exclusion of some things that are not food such as black Olives).

Cheesecake

knitting (yea I’m crazy)
Drawing
Music
Riding ATVs
Climbing trees
Fishing
Staring at fishlore
I love snowboarding, swimming, ice skating, archery and stuff (not sure if those are hobbies or not, I’ve never really figured out exactly what a hobby is)

2: not really, took a little French, and besides that I leaned how to right in elvish (J.R.R.Tolkiens made up language) lol
3: I love to play just about any sport, but I’m not in a team of anything if that’s what you mean
5; Marvel, ehhhh, sorta, I think some of the super heroes are cool, but we don’t watch most marvel because of the creepy super heroes and bad content otherwise
6: no, it has the elements of a good story but the force is way to creepy for me
8: I am the youngest of 5, yea, we kinda had our own sports team, I have really awesome siblings, they are really really nice brothers and sister (I have 1 sister and 3 brothers)
For 10 and 11 my answer is this “Food is food and food is good” (with the exclusion of some things that are not food such as black Olives).

I was kidding when I asked if you could fly xD.
Is your REAL name Elizabeth or have you changed it due to a traumatic event in your past involving a rhinoceros and Swiss cheese?

Frisbee

I was kidding when I asked if you could fly xD.
Is your REAL name Elizabeth or have you changed it due to a traumatic event in your past involving a rhinoceros and Swiss cheese?
I changed it because I just knew you would leak it, I told you my name in confidence, yet you have betrayed me (lol, kidding).

You are correct about the incident involving the Swiss cheese and rhinoceros, but that’s a complicated story and will have to tell you the details of that one later when I have more time.

Right now I’m on another important mission... divisible fractions (lol, I need to go start school).

Btw: I attempted to fly and broke my leg, so the answer is no, I am not the next super man (lol, kidding, I actually can fly)

Math is way worse then the incident with the rhino and Swiss cheese though, I think I’m gonna have PTSD from this one

Cheesecake

knitting (yea I’m crazy)
Drawing
Music
Riding ATVs
Climbing trees
Fishing
Staring at fishlore

2: not really, took a little French, and besides that I leaned how to write in elvish (J.R.R.Tolkiens made up language) lol

What do you mean if it's a Toyota? Question: do you know the Toyota 2000GT (you can't look up a picture)?

Frisbee

What do you mean if it's a Toyota? Question: do you know the Toyota 2000GT (you can't look up a picture)?
I like cars if they are Toyota’s, I like Toyota’s (especial the FJ cruisers and Tacomas aka tacos).

Cheesecake

I like cars if they are Toyota’s, I like Toyota’s (especial the FJ cruisers and Tacomas aka tacos).

Ah the Taco . Looks good, is cramped, and there are better trucks .
So you don't know the 2000GT?!?! It's literally one of the most gorgeous classics of all time. Only 337 ever made.
toyota 2000gt - Google Search:

Frisbee

Yes I know what it is. And no, there are no trucks better then the taco (well, maybe the tundra), Toyotas are just built so much better then other trucks, they have such high standard for reliability that nothing can compare, yes another truck may be a more comfy ride and have a nicer interior and electronics, but it’s probably gonna be having Engine issues before 150,000 miles, a Toyota on the other hand, you know you can make it to 200,000-300,000, maybe 400,000 without any major engine repairs. Toyota’s are just built so simple and tough.

Sorry, I kind of went off, I just hate cooshy American trucks that have all these bells and whistles that are pieces of junk, I mean, you actually have to consider the fact that you might break down in other cars, in Toyota’s you know it will get you home, I mean, any car will get you there, but a Toyota’s the one that’s gonna get you back.

Cheesecake

Yes I know what it is. And no, there are no trucks better then the taco (well, maybe the tundra), Toyotas are just built so much better then other trucks, they have such high standard for reliability that nothing can compare, yes another truck may be a more comfy ride and have a nicer interior and electronics, but it’s probably gonna be having Engine issues before 150,000 miles, a Toyota on the other hand, you know you can make it to 200,000-300,000, maybe 400,000 without any major engine repairs. Toyota’s are just built so simple and tough.

Sorry, I kind of went off, I just hate cooshy American trucks that have all these bells and whistles that are pieces of junk, I mean, you actually have to consider the fact that you might break down in other cars, in Toyota’s you know it will get you home, I mean, any car will get you there, but a Toyota’s the one that’s gonna get you back.

Again, that's just about all they have going for them. Reliability and they look good. But I wouldn't go so far as to say "nothing can compare". Yeah the Toyota will get you from A to B, yeah it looks really good, but it's cramped, the engine and transmission aren't speaking (they don't work well together). Then you have trucks like the 1500 or even the Colorado. They look just as good, if not better, and they offer actually good ride quality. Their engines work great, especially in the case of the Ram. Interiors are spacious, and if you move on up the ole trim level tree, they are even luxurious.
So, the Colorado and 1500 are better trucks, but if you really like the Tacoma that much, I can't change your mind .

Frisbee

Again, that's just about all they have going for them. Reliability and they look good. But I wouldn't go so far as to say "nothing can compare". Yeah the Toyota will get you from A to B, yeah it looks really good, but it's cramped, the engine and transmission aren't speaking (they don't work well together). Then you have trucks like the 1500 or even the Colorado. They look just as good, if not better, and they offer actually good ride quality. Their engines work great, especially in the case of the Ram. Interiors are spacious, and if you move on up the ole trim level tree, they are even luxurious.
So, the Colorado and 1500 are better trucks, but if you really like the Tacoma that much, I can't change your mind .
I disagree with you, but agree to disagree because you won’t change my mind and I won’t change yours so it’s a pointless argument. But that okay, nobody agrees with someone else on everything.

Cheesecake

I disagree with you, but agree to disagree because you won’t change my mind and I won’t change yours so it’s a pointless argument. But that okay, nobody agrees with someone else on everything.

OK lol. By the way, that isn't just my opinion. A lot of people think the same about the Taco, all the way up the ladder to MT.
Lemme guess: someone in your immediate family, or someone you know, has/had a Tacoma?
Lemme guess: someone in your immediate family, or someone you know, has/had a Tacoma?

Frisbee

Yes, but there are many many people who agree with me to, but I know I won’t change your mind and you won’t change mine so this argument is purposeless so I suggest we drop it.

Back to questions, anything else?

Cheesecake

Yes, but there are many many people who agree with me to, but I know I won’t change your mind and you won’t change mine so this argument is purposeless so I suggest we drop it.

Back to questions, anything else?

OK lol.
Since your a Toyota person, what are your thoughts on the Supra in general (especially the new one) and the Land Cruiser? I think Toyota absolutely KILLED it on the new Supra. I've seen three of them so far (1 of them was one of the 1 of 1500 track editions) and they're even cooler in real life than on paper.
The Land Cruiser is pretty cool too. Stealth Wealth !
Here's a test for your Toyota knowledge: ever heard of the Toyota Century?

Frisbee

OK lol.
Since your a Toyota person, what are your thoughts on the Supra in general (especially the new one) and the Land Cruiser? I think Toyota absolutely KILLED it on the new Supra. I've seen three of them so far (1 of them was one of the 1 of 1500 track editions) and they're even cooler in real life than on paper.
The Land Cruiser is pretty cool too. Stealth Wealth !
Here's a test for your Toyota knowledge: ever heard of the Toyota Century?
The Supra was great in the old days before they discontinued it because it handled well and and it had a relatively small engine but the engine was so tough you could beef it up cause it could handle a lot. The new Supra I think looks cool, but it sucked with the interior because they had BMW make it (I’m pretty sure), the engine was good even though BMW built it because all the engine components (down to the last bearing) where sent to japan to be tested for top reliability and performance, so the engine was good but the interior was cheap and the dash boards where loose and wobbly and and the whole interior over all sucked. That’s my view and on it from my research, good car, good engine, bad interior and body (build wise).

The land cruisers where amazing (the old ones), amazingly built and great for 4 wheeling, miss the old model, but I don’t have enough knowledge on the new ones to say.

I heard of the century but forgot what it was, I’ll go look it up.

I’m not super into sports cars so I don’t have as much knowledge on them as other vehicles.

Edit: ooohhh, that thing, just looked up the century, I don’t know much about those but I think I have heard of them before.

Cheesecake

The Supra was great in the old days before they discontinued it because it handled well and and it had a relatively small engine but the engine was so tough you could beef it up cause it could handle a lot. The new Supra I think looks cool, but it sucked with the interior because they had BMW make it (I’m pretty sure), the engine was good even though BMW built it because all the engine components (down to the last bearing) where sent to japan to be tested for top reliability and performance, so the engine was good but the interior was cheap and the dash boards where loose and wobbly and and the whole interior over all sucked. That’s my view and on it from my research, good car, good engine, bad interior and body (build wise).

The land cruisers where amazing (the old ones), amazingly built and great for 4 wheeling, miss the old model, but I don’t have enough knowledge on the new ones to say.

I heard of the century but forgot what it was, I’ll go look it up.

I’m not super into sports cars so I don’t have as much knowledge on them as other vehicles.

Edit: ooohhh, that thing, just looked up the century, I don’t know much about those but I think I have heard of them before.

Basically, the Century is Toyota’s version of Rolls-Royce (the Century costs $180,000).

I’m wondering where you got the idea that BMW solely made the interior on the new Supra. Only a few elements are used from BMW interiors (volume nobs, shifter etc.). Also, how in the world are people already critiquing the Supra’s build quality if it’s barely been out for a few months? The interior is fine.

Frisbee

Basically, the Century is Toyota’s version of Rolls-Royce (the Century costs $180,000).

I’m wondering where you got the idea that BMW solely made the interior on the new Supra. Only a few elements are used from BMW interiors (volume nobs, shifter etc.). Also, how in the world are people already critiquing the Supra’s build quality if it’s barely been out for a few months? The interior is fine.
That’s just what I heard...

Cheesecake

That’s just what I heard...

Lol. Sorry I didn't mean to go full car mode on you like that.
Do you like spaghetti?

Frisbee

Lol. Sorry I didn't mean to go full car mode on you like that.
Do you like spaghetti?
That’s okay

Yes, but I like pasta better with garlic, herbs and butter, but spaghettI sauce is good.

Cheesecake

That’s okay

Yes, but I like pasta better with garlic, herbs and butter, but spaghettI sauce is good.

Do you like BBQ?
Do you have your permit?
How many tanks do you have?
Do you really live on a gun range ?

Frisbee

Do you like BBQ?
Do you have your permit?
How many tanks do you have?
Do you really live on a gun range ?
1: yes
2: no
3: one I’m not aloud any more
4: no, but I wish. We sorta live on a gun range because there is mountain in the back and we can go shoot, but we can’t really shoot anything bigger then a 22 or the neighbors dogs will freak out and run away.

Frisbee

You people stoped posting questions, has this world lost its creativity? Lol.

Corydork

I see you said you enjoy swimming.
I’m a big swimmer, so what’s your preferred stroke?

Frisbee

I see you said you enjoy swimming.
I’m a big swimmer, so what’s your preferred stroke?
Uhh, highly depends situation. I usually mix them all up and kind of do a free for all. If I’m gonna be swimming a long distance (like crossing a river or something), then I will use the breaststroke so I can go a long distance without wearing myself out. The breaststroke is one of my favorites.

NevermindIgnoreMe

What is your favorite type of fish?

Ooh I just though of some good ones!
1: Lefty or Righty
2: Math or English
3: Favorite Color

Corydork

Smart. Personally, I prefer the crawl, but it does wear you out quickly.
Since you have one tank, I’m sure you’re filled with ideas of what you’d do with another tank. If you could have another tank, what size would it be (reasonable size, something that you’d actually be allowed to have if your parents let have another tank) and what would you Stock it with, keeping your fish keeping skills in consideration?

Frisbee

What is your favorite type of fish?
That would be really tough. I really love clownfish, I also love the long horned cow fish. For top favorite, I really couldn’t say. Goldfish would be pretty high on the list to.
Ooh I just though of some good ones!
1: Lefty or Righty
2: Math or English
3: Favorite Color
1: Righty
2: probably English, cause I love reading, but I am enjoying fraction.
3: Dark green and medium brown probably.
Smart. Personally, I prefer the crawl, but it does wear you out quickly.
Since you have one tank, I’m sure you’re filled with ideas of what you’d do with another tank. If you could have another tank, what size would it be (reasonable size, something that you’d actually be allowed to have if your parents let have another tank) and what would you Stock it with, keeping your fish keeping skills in consideration?
Probably a 30 or 40 gallon breeder (saltwater) with a pair of mocha or Wyoming white clownfish. I would be very torn between the mochas and Wyoming whites.

NevermindIgnoreMe

Do you think of your self as a creative person?
Do you like to come up with random crafts and activities to do?
Do you eat shrimp? (I think it tastes like dirt for some reason lol, but my friends like it.)

TheDitherFish

favorite gun to shoot(you mentioned wanting to live on a gun range... so I was wondering)

Frisbee

Do you think of your self as a creative person?
Do you like to come up with random crafts and activities to do?
Do you eat shrimp? (I think it tastes like dirt for some reason lol, but my friends like it.)
I think I’m a little overly creative. You should see some of the crazy names I made up for people in my book (I’m writing a fantasy novel).
I guess, I’m less crafty then I used to be, but for activities I like finding stuff that catches my interest.
YES!! Shrimp is one of my favorite foods.
favorite gun to shoot(you mentioned wanting to live on a gun range... so I was wondering)
That one is tough. The ruger 10 22 (semI auto 22) is really fun to shoot dirt chunks and snowballs out in the woods. At the same time, there is something so extremely satisfying about taking a 308 and lining it up at the 500 yard, hearing that BOOM!!!, then a second or two later the distant ping. For my favorite, I’ll have to settle on shooting a slug out of a 12 gauge, that WILL blow you back. I’m a sucker for things with lots of kick. Maybe someday I’ll get to shoot a 50 BMG, then maybe I’ll have a new favorite, lol.

TheDitherFish

hmm I have shot a ruger 22 that's a semI auto and a break down its really cool, nice other guns I love shooting shot guns and I am on a trap team. I also really love my 7mm08 which I use for big game hunting... but I am more of a bird hunter( proper hunting is a form of management and not cruelty). also do you hunt... just wondering since you shoot guns?

Frisbee

hmm I have shot a ruger 22 that's a semI auto and a break down its really cool, nice other guns I love shooting shot guns and I am on a trap team. I also really love my 7mm08 which I use for big game hunting... but I am more of a bird hunter( proper hunting is a form of management and not cruelty). also do you hunt... just wondering since you shoot guns?
I don’t have my hunting license yet, but I want to get it this year. My family as a general does hunt. We actually got our first deer in fall. It was fairly young so it tasted amazing.

TheDitherFish

that's what every one says...
I don’t have my hunting license yet, but I want to get it this year. My family as a general does hunt. We actually got our first deer in fall. It was fairly young so it tasted amazing.
you got a deer. hmm isn't big ... so lets say it will taste great!(they do) I unfortunantly have a record of shooting young deer. I say unfortunantly because I would like to shoot nice bucks not because its bad, and what type was it? blacktail, whitetail, or mulie? my family is big on hunting and I love it alot.

AJE

If you could shoot any gun, what would you like to shoot? I would want to shoot a GAU 8/a avenger

Frisbee

If you could shoot any gun, what would you like to shoot? I would want to shoot a GAU 8/a avenger
Merkava 4 main battle tank. Lol

Cheesecake

Speaking of eating deer, my family recently got some deer sausage from some friends (delicious !). Do you make that kinda thing or do you just stick to venison steaks?

Frisbee

Speaking of eating deer, my family recently got some deer sausage from some friends (delicious !). Do you make that kinda thing or do you just stick to venison steaks?
We haven’t yet, but we want to. Our neighbors gave us some venison pepperonI sticks, those where really good.

TheDitherFish

not to derail your thread but depending on the part of the animal(front shoulder, hind quarter, backstrap) usually defines what it will become
backstrap and hindquarter=steak
front shoulder and not good steak pieces of hind quarter= sausage and other

question-do you prefer big game or bird hunting or have you not done any

Frisbee

not to derail your thread but depending on the part of the animal(front shoulder, hind quarter, backstrap) usually defines what it will become
backstrap and hindquarter=steak
front shoulder and not good steak pieces of hind quarter= sausage and other

question-do you prefer big game or bird hunting or have you not done any
Yep, butterfly backstrap steaks are my favorite. I haven’t got my license yet, but big game sounds more suited for me.

TheDitherFish

why do you say it is more suited for you?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
betta06
Replies
Views
FishAndDoom
Replies
Views
Shahbazin
Replies
Views