Little Black Worm Thing

tigerfish420

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
So I found this crawling around the top of my 30 gallon this morning any idea what it could be and how to get rid of them? flatworms are white aren't they? This is either black or very dark brown
20171113_131003.jpg

Zentuckyfriedchicken

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
There is a thread I saw somewhere about random critters in peoples tanks. I can’t ID it, but to get rid of them I would suggest feeding less food. Because if you over feed there is leftover food for the worms to feast on.

OP
tigerfish420

tigerfish420

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Does anyone know if it's parasitic or just another thing in the tank? I don't mind it so much if it's not hurting anything

WacklieCacklie

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I found black little worms in one of my tanks as well. It's hard to tell if yours was the same as mine but I wouldn't worry about it. I just fed Bourbon less and they vanished within the week.
Most worms that size aren't parasites either. It's also outside of the fish and I'm assuming it wasn't attached to the outside of them either. I'm sure that it's just fine but you'll definitely want to feed your fish less for a week or two in order to get rid of them.

OP
tigerfish420

tigerfish420

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thank you I had an in my mind of worms attaching to the fish like ick that's the last thing I wanna handle at the moment.

AustinE

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I was finding some in one of my tanks a few months ago. If you're still seeing lots after you feed less and you don't want to dose the tank with anything, adding some cories did the job in a matter of days for me, and I haven't seen any worms since.

OP
tigerfish420

tigerfish420

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I only found the one I may have been a overdoing it a little just not sure if it was a fish killer or a pest come in from some other fish. I haven't found any more yet it may have been a one time thing.

New Threads