Listless, unstable Guppies Help

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by thewestgarths, Apr 20, 2010.

1. thewestgarthsNew MemberMember

:-[We have an 80 Litre tank with Guppies, Tetras, Angel Fish, Rainbow Fish, Plecos and loaches. The tank has been set up for six months and we recently (three weeks ago approx) added four new Guppies. Two of the four have over the last few days become very listless and almost "floppy", one staying upright with his tail pointing down, the other floating on his side most of the time. They are still feeding but not excited as they usually are when fed. We have put them in a floating breeding tank to keep them separate from the other fish but they do not seem to be improving or getting any worse.
    Water tests have all come out fine - no different to the usual. No signs of other fish suffering.
    Anyone any ideas on why these two are so unwell?

2. bass masterWell Known MemberMember

can you list the exact numbers for your tests? IMO your tank is over stocked because many of your fish (angels, plecos, and maybe even the loaches) are too big for your tank which can cause some pretty big water quality issues which is typically the problem when you have listless fish. Also what type of plecos and loaches do you have? clown loaches generally need very big tanks as do common plecos, although some of the smaller varieties can fit in a tank your size, angels however shouldnt really ever be kept in such a small tank with so many other fish.

3. Beth1965Well Known MemberMember

First, welcome to Fishlore, a very knowledgable place.
    The aquarium info you filled out says you don't know about the nitrogen cycle. You should read up on that and understand it.
    I don't know what to tell you about your guppies (i love guppies) but I am sure someone else will be able to help. I hope they are able to recover
    Also, I think your tank is very overstocked.

4. midthoughtWell Known MemberMember

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice