Liquid Ferts Has Moldy Growth

Use liquid ferts even though there's mold growth in the bottle?

  • Yes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't know

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

bigdreams

Well Known Member
Messages
1,413
Reaction score
408
Points
133
Experience
4 years
Hi all, I have a bottle of liquid ferts i was going to use but noticed it has some moldy growths in it... is it still safe to use? I bought it almost a year ago at last year's Aquatic Experience in NY, and has been sitting on the shelf all this time and likely got more light that it should have. I feel like using it now, (plants have done Ok w/o it all this time) and am wondering whether I should just get a 'fresh' bottle instead. Thanks for your help.
 

CheshireKat

Well Known Member
Messages
1,145
Reaction score
503
Points
133
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't know if it's safe or not, but I'd personally just get a new bottle. I wouldn't want to take the risk of adding something bad into the water, like mold spores, that could cause issues, plus the fertilizer may not be effective anyway.
 
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!





Top Bottom