Liquid Calcium

1. JLeeM

JLeeM Well Known Member Member

Hello.

Didn't really know where to post this so sorry if it's the wrong place.

Where can liquid calcium be purchased? In the pet store? Garden center? Where?

Looking into a crayfish in the future, and lots more snails. They might appreciate it.

2. FishFish221

FishFish221 Well Known Member Member

People usually use some cuttlebone (in the bird section of a pet store). I don't think liquid calcium is sold anywhere.

3. Fahn

Fahn Fishlore VIP Member

You can buy liquid calcium supplements for reefs. However, an easier and more cost effective solution would be crushed coral or limestone, cuttlebone, or montmorillonite clay. You could also do eggshells though they need to be cleaned thoroughly.

4. OP
    OP
    JLeeM

Oh. Could have sworn I heard about people using it. Lol. I do have a nice hunk of cuttlebone in my main tank now for all inverts. Don't know how well it's working though.

5. Fahn

Fahn Fishlore VIP Member

Test your KH and GH. Higher levels mean more calcium and magnesium in the water column, which means stronger shells for inverts. It is more effective for them to actually ingest a source of calcium however, hence why I am considering montmorillonite clay for my shrimp tank I'm setting up.

6. OP
    OP
    JLeeM

They graze on the cuttlebone some, and I was also feeding the Mystery Snails zucchini, but they've recently lost interest in it seems like. They rather graze on algae and biofilm which is weird for Mysteries I thought.

7. clk89

clk89 Fishlore VIP Member

You could also get calcium powder and mix in a snail jello recipe.

8. Nate05

Nate05 New Member Member

9. OP
    OP
    JLeeM

Thought about doing this, but afraid my betta would bloat himself.

Liquid?

10. Nate05

Nate05 New Member Member

Yes liquid I have a salt tank now no more fresh but I'm sure they have it

Hee is what I get again for salt but look around on there

Sorry the first one was fuzzy

The company is seachem

Attached Files: