Lionhead & Ranchu Goldfish Compatibility

bigbro1959

One of my two Lionhead Goldfish recently passed away. I cannot, currently, find any Lionheads to replace him/her. A nearby Pet store received a shipment of small (1.5") Ranchu Goldfish this week. Would my 5" Lionhead be a problem for a 1.5" Ranchu?

NevermindIgnoreMe

One of my two Lionhead Goldfish recently passed away. I cannot, currently, find any Lionheads to replace him/her. A nearby Pet store received a shipment of small (1.5") Ranchu Goldfish this week. Would my 5" Lionhead be a problem for a 1.5" Ranchu?
Quite possibly, if not for any other reason but the size difference. Just being so drastic, it could certainly lead to the larger one bullying and outcompeting the smaller one.

jtjgg

bullying is a possibility. but i've had eggs grow into fry into small goldfish in the same tank as fully grown goldfish w/o problems.

bigbro1959

Got the Ranchu today. So far so good.

ranchuuu

:emoji_raised_hand:Question bro. How long you've been taking care of your 5" ranchu and how big when you got it? Thank you!

bigbro1959

:emoji_raised_hand:Question bro. How long you've been taking care of your 5" ranchu and how big when you got it? Thank you!
The Lionheads were 1.5"-2" when I got them. I have had them for 8 months and the remaining one is now about 10 months old.

ranchuuu

thats crazy! I can't wait for my ranchu to grow! I have 8 goldfish 2 orandas 6 ranchus in 37 gallon tank. 3 of my ranchus is Giant Breed 6 months old they're about 3-4 inches. I can't wait for them to grow!

bigbro1959

thats crazy! I can't wait for my ranchu to grow! I have 8 goldfish 2 orandas 6 ranchus in 37 gallon tank. 3 of my ranchus is Giant Breed 6 months old they're about 3-4 inches. I can't wait for them to grow!
That is to many Goldfish for a 37 gallon tank. They will definitely not grow very fast. I had my 2 in a 50 gallon.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• poeticinjustices
  • Goldfish
Replies
Views
Mcasella
Replies
Views
TWiG87
Replies
Views
Rivieraneo