“Lint” algae on rocks and floating around tank

Human

Member
I got a 1/2 gallon jar for sea monkeys with some rocks to make it prettier. But the rocks have been growing this sort of lint on them. I looked it up online and they say it’s algae but the pictures they show are green and mine is pretty much white as snow. Is is algae or not? Should I worry about it harming the shrimp?
If it matters:
Tank water is about 20 days old, haven’t changed it because I really don’t know how to, but added more to compensate for evaporation
Sea monkeys about 11 days old
I feed the sea monkeys with baker’s yeast twice a week
Tank is by a windowsill and under nightstand lamp
 

A201

Member
Looks like fungus to me. It feeds on dead or decaying bio gunk.
 
  • Thread Starter

Human

Member
A201 said:
Looks like fungus to me. It feeds on dead or decaying bio gunk.
Is it dangerous? Should I clean the rocks/change the water?
 

A201

Member
It's not dangerous. There is just an abundance of nutrients in the jar. Wiping off the rocks will help the situation.
 

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Log in or register to view

Top Bottom