Linier pump upgrade for whole house.

SanDiegoRedneck
Here is my first try of linier air pump to run the whole house. I had help from coralbandit John58ford Islandvic so thank you.

I have the Alita 15a pump going into a copper manifold with 1/2in pex running the length of house.

I'm sure I will have plenty of tweaking to do with setup.

John58ford
It may have saved you some trouble if you had just cut/drilled through the wall above the header of the doors vs cutting a corner off the door itself. Would be easier to patch if you change your mind too.

Nice work getting it all running, I like seeing successful diys.

coralbandit
Good deal getting things going .. :cool:

SanDiegoRedneck
John58ford said:
It may have saved you some trouble if you had just cut/drilled through the wall above the header of the doors vs cutting a corner off the door itself. Would be easier to patch if you change your mind too.

Nice work getting it all running, I like seeing successful diys.
Totally considered wall but went door route. May cost a tad more when I leave but decided I would not feel as bad replacing door as patching a hole in wall.

coralbandit
You getting all the air you need ?

SanDiegoRedneck
coralbandit said:
You getting all the air you need ?
Yes its amazing, doing dual sponge on some and unplugging some of my HOB and all smaller air pumps. Will save me money o. Electricity and plenty of air.

Sanderguy777
I love how this went from a little air pump for one or a couple tanks, to a whole house air system!

Sounds like MY "small" projects lol

SanDiegoRedneck
Sanderguy777 said:
I love how this went from a little air pump for one or a couple tanks, to a whole house air system!

Sounds like MY "small" projects lol
It's so nice to have plenty of air

SanDiegoRedneck
Ok, another question. How reliable is this alita AL-15a?
Can I trust it to not fail or do I need to purchase a backup?
I'm still loving the upgrade daily

It is currently running about 30 sponge filters in all rooms of my house.

Thank you

Sanderguy777
I can't speak to that specific model, but my Alita is a diaphragm pump and it has been going strong for over two years (and it was used before that!)
I think yours is a linear piston pump, so it should last longer than that for sure.

As to a backup, they are always a good idea, but not always an option. If you have the money, then spring for another one. If not, then save up and look on ebay and CL for a used one that is working. Even my little diaphragm pump has replacement parts available, so most likely you'll be able to fix a problem if a used unit has an issue.

coralbandit
They do sell rebuild kits for all Alitas .
None of mine have ever failed over 5+ years ..
I keep everyone when I upgrade so have A6 and 15a just hanging around [with rebuild kits I think ?]

A lot cheaper then buying another pump , especially the same size as you already own IMO.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom