Lily Pads For Adfs

Discussion in 'Amphibians' started by tfreema, Apr 16, 2017.

1. tfreema

tfreema Fishlore VIP Member

So I got these dwarf lily bulbs for a small colorful plant in my frog tank. I did not realize how appropriate they were as I now have lily pads at the surface.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  2. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Lovely, I think your frogs will like them :)

3. OP
    OP
    tfreema

@Lchi87, the dwarf lilies we previously talked about. You may want to try this bulb plant.

4. el337

el337 Fishlore Legend Member

So pretty! I'll have to try one as well!

5. Lchi87

Lchi87 Moderator Moderator Member

oooh how awesome!! I DO want to try this. :)

6. OP
    OP
    tfreema

Hop is hanging out under the lily pad. I cannot remember the stem plant she is hanging onto. They both love lounging on it. Maybe I should lower the water level a bit......
    b43ce089ed07ebb0057e0cd73caf8876.jpg

Here is the plant that is shooting off lily pads to the surface. You can see the three stems.
    a386847dc558f262044b6e003b6b1a13.jpg

And another smaller one in the same tank. It does not have any shooting to the surface (yet).
    0b562bf81a557b9768262cfa6c15560a.jpg

7. Lchi87

Lchi87 Moderator Moderator Member

I really love the colors of the leaves... How long before you're supposed to let it "die" and then come back? That's the part that always confused me about bulb plants.

8. OP
    OP
    tfreema

I have read that you remove the bulbs and store in a container with moist sand in a cool dark location. I just don't know the timing of when I should do that.
    I need to research it at some point for these and the aponegeton bulbs. I may take those out soon or cut some back. They are really filling up the tanks they are in.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice