Lila is a stinker

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
She bit me today. I always have my hands in the tank and none of my bettas have bit me. Lila decided to take a little taste today. I thought it was funny. My husbands response was "well creatures will do that." What are we gonna do with these little betta brats?

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
LOL, your hubby didn't rush over with the first aid kit to stop the bleeding? LOL, yea all of our betta boys nip at my fingers.. even the new guy, mickey. aslan will often go to town on me, but he loves to flare at me too! only sweet little angel hasn't bit me.. she's my baby.

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It felt weird, kinda like sandpaper. They can't draw blood can they?

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I think only the vampire bettas can draw blood. They have such little teeth that i don't think they can puncture the skin. Aslan's really gone after my finger as hard as he could a number of times and it's just like little suction cups and he's full adult size now.

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh good. It startled me, and I jerked my finger out of the tank. Lila was all confused as to why Mom was going crazy.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Genie said:
Oh good. It startled me, and I jerked my finger out of the tank. Lila was all confused as to why Mom was going crazy.
LOL! wish i could've seen that.. aslan has surprised me like that before.. one time i was working on his tank and didn't realize i had a finger out over the flap in front - until he jumped up and nipped me.

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Feisty little buggers!

Phloxface

Well Known Member
Reaction score
My fish nip me all the time. They are just being playful. Sometimes it's a gentle nibble and other times they stick to my finger for a second or two like a piece of velcro. Their teeth are too short to penetrate human skin so no matter how hard they bite they can't make you bleed. When I was attacked by all my females once when I tried to break up a huge rumble they bit me all over my hand and inside of my wrist. I was probably bitten about 30-40 times in a matter of seconds but none broke the skin or really hurt. The bites on the inside of my wrist did turn red for a few hours though but only because I have allergies and sensitive skin and the bacteria from their teeth caused a very mild allergic reaction that went away in a few hours. That's about the worst they can do to you so don't be afraid. Stick your finger in there and let them bite all they want. It won't hurt a bit.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
"get your finger out of there! you don't know where that finger's been!" <- silly movie reference.

jk.. yea, the little stinkers love to nip away and it's funny watching them stalk your finger.

voiceless_kat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
LOL you guys........now I want to get bitten too................. ;

Jendayi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Romeo and Cujo both bite. It takes Cujo a little while to work his nerve up, but then he'll dart in and take a nip. Romeo is fearless and he just swims right up and tries to take a chunk. He also lets me touch him, and in fact won't leave me alone until I get out of his tank lol... And please do not even get him started on the turkey baster :

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
kat is under the influence of a vampire betta, i'm afraid.

jendayi - turkey baster, turkey baster, turkey baster, turkey baster

Does Romeo like to give your finger a shake when he grabs on?

voiceless_kat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Oh ya, well Storm and Neptune shake hands with me..... 8)

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
voiceless_kat said:
Oh ya, well Storm and Neptune shake hands with me..... 8)

Jendayi

Valued Member
Reaction score
FLBettaCouple said:
jendayi - turkey baster, turkey baster, turkey baster, turkey baster

Does Romeo like to give your finger a shake when he grabs on?
No, he's a lover, not a fighter, remember? They are love nips and he gives me little fishie kisses, too

But oh no! There's another evil villian to fight in his personal war now. Yesterday I was puttering around the office and I turned to look at Romeo and he was just flaring his little heart out at the front of the tank. I checked the turkey baster and it was out of sight. Nothing new was in his little area. So I turned the chair to sit back down and he quit flaring. Hrm... I turned the chair so the back was to his tank again, and he flared right up again. The mean ole DESK CHAIR is a new enemy!

Bettas beware of desk chairs! They are evil and out to get you!

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Cobalt flares at my favorite blue pen--- darn those office supplies!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Do you think the fish aliens have told bettas like Romeo and Cobalt about a secret conspiracy by turkey baster, pens and chairs to overthrow the human race? Maybe that's what aslan flares at when we're not sure what he's flaing at.. evil office supplies! He sometimes likes to play tug of war and shake his body back & forth when he nips my finger - the little stinker.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom