lights for a 90 gallon tank 90 Gallon Tank 

shawnw

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
will 216 watts H.O be strong enough for my 90 gallon tank.... talked to lfs and they said it would be good enough for soft corals. not sure what to do... please help

Stang Man

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Are these T5's HO and what type bulbs are you looking at?

shawnw

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
the are supposed to be t5's on ebay....

48" T5 Quad Deluxe 216W Marine Version(4x 54W)
Excellent for marine, reef, and cichlid aquariums.
Fixture comes with 2x 12000K and 2x Actinic Blue lamps.
Features:
Dimensions - 47.50” x 7.25” x 2.75”
Brackets add 2.75" in height
Supports 4x 54W T5 High Output lamps
Supports 4x Bluemoon LED
Supports standard T5 lamps
216W total power
Individual power cords for each function
Black, non corrosive powder coated aluminum housing
Non-corrosive powder coated aluminum housing
Highly polished reflector
Cooling Fan
Mounting brackets flips up for convenience
CE Certified
Listing includes:
1x 48" T5 Quad fixture
1x Mounting Bracket (Free Item*)
2x 54W T5 HO lamps 12000K (Free Item*)
2x 54W T5 HO lamps Actinic Blue (Free Item*)
4x LED (Free Item*)

shawnw

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
ok....what bout this??

Stang Man

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
shawnw said:
ok....what bout this??
That is what you need and will have plenty spectrum. Good price for that setup too!!!

shawnw

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
ok..now thats cleared up...maybe u can help me with hair algae...lol

shawnw

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
much appreciated

agsansoo

Well Known Member
Reaction score

Stang Man

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
shawnw said:
ok..now thats cleared up...maybe u can help me with hair algae...lol
Hair algea is from the phosphates in water or silicates as well or new tank sydrome to rid this nuiseance have a cleanup crew to clean it up there are several ways to do this the best way I have found is use a sea hare and a few emarald crabs Turbo's will not take care of problem anouther way is to carefully remove it by hand . You must have all necssary parimeters for reef water to help both of these subjects . doing it manually will just take longer and is alot of effort to rid this problem so I would go with sea hare and emarald's!!!! After sea hare's and emaralds do there job Take hare back about a week after problem is solved because if they don't have an ample amount of greens to eat they will die farely fast to starvation I have trid to keep them alive but feeding sea weed really doesn't work alot of times the store will only keep a few of these and ask customers to bring it back for aouther customer to use for same thing and will live alot longer and you get some credit !!!

shawnw

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
had two emerald crabs but they both passed and now only haveto clowns and pepermint and skunk cleaner chrimp.. what exactly is a hare?

Stang Man

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It's a type of nudibranch that only eats greens such as hair algea the only safe nudibranch that will not eat corals or polyps. The sea hare gets it's common name from their ear-like projections resembling superficially a rabbits ear. They do an awsome job to rid hair algae but like I said they will die if no greens are available to them The thing that i like about them is that they will eat algae all the way to its roots the main stem of the plant by manually removing it you will not be able to do this soon as you pull it it will grow back. The other thing i forgot to mention is protein skimmer you must have one to help with this cause, it pulls the nutrients from the water that algea thrives on. And as I mentioned phosphates and silicates is another source for algea to thrive on.

shawnw

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
yea i looked at a skimmer today but not forsure what im looking for... so im trying to do some research... i ordered my light and it should be here this week and i cant wait.. wanting to get rid of my hairy green monsters now...lol

Stang Man

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
shawnw said:
yea i looked at a skimmer today but not forsure what im looking for... so im trying to do some research... i ordered my light and it should be here this week and i cant wait.. wanting to get rid of my hairy green monsters now...lol
I would imagine hair algae grows very rapidly as for skimmer use a venturi driven rather than a air driven , air is hard to controll and venturi will need a pump to pump water thru it to work. These skimmers are costly but they work wonders and you will not have to mess with it just plug it in and it starts to work immediatly.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads