Lights - Finnex planted+ 24/7 with a fully automatic controller

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by jigsaw117, Jul 19, 2015.

1. jigsaw117

jigsaw117 Valued Member Member

I'm looking for a new LED light for my 36" wide tank, ive looked at a ton of different ones and what I want to get is the new Finnex planted+ 24/7 with a fully automatic controller. it seems like the best light for that price, does anyone else have one of these? I'm just looking for some reviews from people I trust more than the Amazon reviews

Sent from my C811 4G using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

2. Nympxzie

Nympxzie Valued Member Member

I have a finnex planted + not with the automatic controller though, I just use a timer. Great light, grows my plants very well, looks sleek and is super bright (seriously, don't blind yourself when you turn it on!)

3. MatthewM

MatthewM Valued Member Member

I have it! If you can actually get it, it's fantastic. I personally use the max at day, and lowest blue at night, because of my high light plants, but for other uses the 24/7 is fantastic. Only problem is they don't have a high supply and they are still trying to fulfill pre orders.

4. f

fishcrazy99 Well Known Member Member

Mine is comming today! Im SO excited! I would order soon before they go back out of stock. Ive been waiting a month for them to get more. I will let you know my opinion of it if you want once ive tried it out a few days.

5. f

So far i love this light! Its a huge improvement from my old lighting. The only negative i have so far is that the instructions were kinda short and vague. Took me a few tries to get it set up right. Really like the aesthetics of it as well as it being fully automatic. Next test will be plant growth!

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

6. S

Stephanie2015 Valued Member Member

I would also love to know how will the that light works! Amazon.com has them for sell. What size would you recommend for 40g breeder tank?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

7. Jswin

Jswin Well Known Member Member

36" is what you need for 40b

8. OP
    OP
    jigsaw117

I just ordered it, should arrive sometime between Aug 5-8. I'm so excited

Sent from my E6782 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

9. f

Still waiting to see if it does anything for my plants although i think its turning my java fern brown? Is this from too much light? ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438356787.230296.jpg
    It wasnt doing that well before but its never had this color brown on green leaves.

10. OP
    OP
    jigsaw117

Java ferns can use low and high intensity light, its possible that if it wasn't doing well before that the extra light could be speeding up the decay. I would recommend trimming off all the bad leaves so that they aren't stealing nutrients from the healthy leaves and see how it goes from there

Check this site out it might help  

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2015
  11. a

aquaman86 Valued Member Member

I have planted+ with ray2 and it looks beautiful.

12. Jswin

Jswin Well Known Member Member

I'm considering doing that. Is the ray 2 noticeably brighter? I'm wanting mu dhg to take off a little better

Impulse buy. Just got a ray 2.…

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2015
  13. OP
    OP
    jigsaw117

I just got my light in the mail and set it up. The brackets don't fit perfectly because of the thickness of my glass lid but I want to get a new lid anyways.

The light itself is amazing! The max setting is so intense. And all the different lighting effects put on a really neat display. 10/10 would recommend. I'd be doing backflips if I could

14. chrt396

chrt396 Well Known Member Member

I have the Finnex Planted Plus. Love the light and my plants do as well. I STILL havent figured out how this light clamps to the frame of my tank! Its just sitting on top of the tank glass.

15. DanB80TTS

DanB80TTS Well Known Member Member

My 24/7 is supposed to come today :)
    glad you like it, I hope I do too

16. OP
    OP
    jigsaw117

Yeah the mounting clips could be alot better

17. MatthewM

It is made for a rimless tank. You have to pop out the inside piece for a rimmed tank. Which was pretty hard to do on mine. Thought i was gonna break it.

18. OP
    OP
    jigsaw117

How did you get yours off? I almost did break it so I just left the inside clip on

19. MatthewM

I took a rubber mallet, and gently tapped on the removable piece till it came up a little bit, ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438961080.393555.jpg
    Then in the created slot, i put a small screwdriver, and used it to wedge the piece out till i could take it off. ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438961132.880483.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438961209.465072.jpg
    Mine made a ton of cracking noises, sounded like it would break. But it'll be fine. Pain in the butt to do. But then the ends adjust for your frame and you just set it on. ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438961285.964653.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438961321.848033.jpg
    Hope it helps :)

20. DanB80TTS

DanB80TTS Well Known Member Member

They are really stuck in there good aren't they, I was try to get mine off earlier too, the plastic feels very brittle and I think you would break it trying to do it by hand.
    If you don't have a mallet handy I found holding it on the end of the table and hitting the inner piece with a picture frame works also lol.

I much prefer the grey legs on the other Finnex lights, the clear plastic just isn't as good IMO.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice