Lighting

Discussion in 'Saltwater Aquarium Lighting' started by Eckala, Mar 21, 2010.

1. E

Eckala New Member Member

I don't know if my lighting that i have is good enough for my tank... I have a 32in long and 17ish-in high... The light that I have gotten is a 130 watt that is 2-65 watt 50/50 straight pin compact fluorescent. Will this be fine? I don't want anything to die on me...

2. Goldwing_Don

Goldwing_Don Well Known Member Member

what kind of tank is it SW fish or Reef?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  3. OP
    OP
    E

Eckala New Member Member

4. Goldwing_Don

you need about 5 watts per gal of water..so unless you tank is a 26 gal tank or less you will need more light. if you plan on keeping SPS you'll need even more then 5 watts ..closer to 7 or 8 watts per gal

5. OP
    OP
    E

Eckala New Member Member

My tank is 29gallons and the Item in question is the   I know that it is not what Goldwing said but with the   its has only 3.42watts where the other one has 4.5watts per gallon.

6. Goldwing_Don

should be fine as long as you are not doing SPS, Clams or other high light corals

7. OP
    OP
    E

Eckala New Member Member

I have mushroom coral, waving hand coral, colt coral, and soft finger coral.

8. Goldwing_Don

the more light the better in a reef tank, but it should work good for what you have...jmho. oh btw, Welcome to fishlore....:;hi2

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  9. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning,

:animal0068:I've moved your thread to the Saltwater Aquarium Lighting section of the forum.
    Thanks!
    Ken

Too, if you would be so kind as to complete your Aquarium Profile information it will be a great help to others. You can access the profile by clicking on My Settings in the blue bar close to the top of the screen. In the drop down box click on Edit Aquarium Information.
    Thanks!:animal0028:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice