Lighting

Ace_Of_John

Reaction score
i havent got a tank yet but over the next few months i will be collecting my equipment.
im going to have a 3 foot long tank. im still in research proses at tyhe moment, and its going well, because im serious.
i have chosen clownfish, not because there popular or because of the film, but because of the nice relationship with the enemone.
to the point...
how do i go about lighting my tank
i seen something on the net but i cant find it now,
basicaly i need two lighs the hole length of my tank (correct me if im wrong), but what kinds, one must be a uv light i know, but thats all.

good sound advise will be very apreciated, Thankyou

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi there - anemones need very high lighting levels, usually provided by metal halides (very expensive). Most of the experts recommend only using metal halides for anemones. Regular flourescents won't provide enough light for them. Some folks think that you can use power compacts for some species of anemones (e. quadricolor) but I'd use the MH's for them too.

You don't need an anemone to successfully keep clownfish. Regular flourescents will work just fine if you're only keeping fish.

gloria

Reaction score
hi try this site i found it very helpful www.myfirsttankguide. not sure if com or co hope this helps,good luck gloria

Louie3

Reaction score
Depends How deep your tank is. I have a sebea anenome under PC's in my nano but its only 12" deep. When I had the anenome in my 55 gallon I had it in the mid layer in my tank under PC'S. I wouldnt think NOF would do the job but HO T-5'S will work too but they are more expensive than PC's

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom