Lighting?

1. gms63 Member Member

Do i have low medium or high lighting and do you think i can frow moneywort with it? The light is a tetra LED and the tank is 3 gallons. The hight of the tank is 9.25in (24cm) high. Also, any advice on making it a planted shrimp tank?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Looks like low lighting to me. You might be able to grow moneywort but you'd have to try it to be sure. You could almost certainly grow java ferns and anubias though!

3. nanzey Member Member

Is that an old Eclipse?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

4. gms63 Member Member

I think it is. I got it off of craigslist pretty cheap. I just need to clean it. Im trying to make it into a planted shrimp tank.

5. nanzey Member Member

Was it missing the original hood? I have one and was going to do the same... Or use it for a quarantine tank but for some reason the filter (built into the hood) runs so hot it heats the water well into the 80's. Probably going to do a sponge filter instead.

6. gms63 Member Member

The person gave me gravel and a whisper 10i filter. There is a plastic top. Sponge filters are great btw. I use one in my 10 gal too. Do u have any suggestions with low light plants other than java moss and java fern?

7. nanzey Member Member

I have a tropica fern and a Windelov fern both doing well in what I think is low light (10 gal with incandescents at the moment). I also have swords for background plants that were doing great in low light. (Then I switched my gravel for sand and they went downhill but that's another thread!)