Lighting

1. B

Bill K New Member Member

Hey Guys,
    Can you let me know if on target with my lighting? I've got a 10 gallon wall mounted tank. The lighting is an 18" LED white and "moon light" (blue). Right now I turn the lights on at 2pm and turn it over to blue at 8pm until 10pm that's it for the day. I have 6 cardinals and 4 coryes. (Cardinal seem to love the moon light). I feed them twice a day 7am (turn the light on for about 15 minutes) then again at 7pm. The tank is in the living room that is well lite in the afternoon but no direct sunlight. Am I ok?

2. LiterallyHydro

LiterallyHydro Well Known Member Member

That sounds fine, you could likely even add another hour or two without introducing algae problems.

3. p

ppt New Member Member

What is status of your tank?.
    Is it planted or plain.
    If planyed planted tank, then u should not have issued of algae, because plant absorbs all nutrients in water and leaves nothing for algae,
    But if your tank is not planted, u should reduce your tank lighting to 5 to 8 hours only. Otherwise there will be algae breakout in tank.
    Good luck

Sent from my SM-T211 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

4. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

That's fine. But if you have live plants in the tank I would up the hours a bit. I run the lights on my planted tanks for 12 hours with no algae issues

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum