Lighting

?

When do you have your tank lights on the most?

1. 24/7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Only during the day

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Only at night

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Only during daylight hours

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No lighting used

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. FishFan Member Member

When do you have your tank lights on the most?

2. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

What's the difference between 'only during the day' and 'only during daylight hours'?

3. FishFan Member Member

"During the day" means while you're awake & turn them off when you go to bed (when it's most likely dark" and "During Daylight" means once it gets dark outside, you turn them off. Makes sense, I hope ;)

4. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

Okay, I get it. So for me, during the day would mean, like, from 1 in the afternoon til 1 in the morning... ;D

5. euphiesman Initiate Member

have two sets of lights, main flo lights on from 5am-10am and then 4pm-11pm (12h a day). then 5v blue neons between 11pm and 5am (theese give a little "moon" light to the tank and help to avoid scared fish) also looks cool without being too invasive.

6. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

I usually turn mine on in the mornings to feed, and then turn them back on when I get home from work.

7. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

I usually turn mine on about 7-8am and off about 10-11pm. they get on the average 14 - 15 hrs of light a day.
    Carol

8. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

I turn mine on when I wake up and off when I go to bed.  During school this will be from 7 am to 10 pm or so.  That is a little long of a day, so I think I will have to find time to give them an earlier night feeding.  Some people just turn their lights on when they're home, but I think it's more natural to give the fish a normal day and night. Three poeple said they only turn their lights on during the night--why do you do that!?

9. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

if it is a gloomy day or it start to get dark, my betta fights "himself" and runs into the side of the aquarium so hard i am afraid he will injure himself. if the lights are off this behavior does not happen.