Lighting Versus Plants

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by The salient, Apr 23, 2017.

1. The salientValued MemberMember

Will two led light strips harm my plants at surface of water? I need good lighting for all my plants to grow but I don't want them to get burnt out either, will floating anacharis help with this along with algae control but my plants still get the appropriate light?

2. DolfanFishlore VIPMember

What size tank do you have? Unless it is a custom or really large tank, I would think you should be able to find 1 fixture that meets your needs.

As for burning plants at surface, if you get LED's it shouldn't be an issue as they run cooler. But some of the fluorescent tube style fixtures and more expensive setups can get quite hot, depends on what your looking at, how far above water it's mounted, as well as a few other factors.

We need more info about what you plan on growing, as that depends on what power of lighting you will need.

3. The salientValued MemberMember

10 gallon tank, going to use led two strip led fixture 24 inches long, I'll sit the fixture right on the glass top, there is two spiralis four amazon swords, two luteas, two banana plants, two of the amazons are very big, bamboo plants, one anubias, and some floating anacharis

4. Jocelyn AdelmanFishlore VIPMember

Just because it's led doesn't mean it's led for plants.... do you have any more info on the leds them selves?

5. smee82Fishlore VIPMember

Leds shouldnt burn gloating plant but without knowing the colour spectrum you dont know if its good tor plants

6. The salientValued MemberMember

Full spectrum leds, not sure of the watts yet but for a ten gallon tank don't need more than 2-3 watts

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice