Question Lighting Time

julifhy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
If I remember correctly, you should only have your aquarium light on for 6 hours, right?
Can I turn my light on pretty late in the day (about 3:00 pm)? Does it matter for my betta or plants wheni keep the light on (I would keep it on during a certain time consistently)?

-Mak-

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
8 hours for the planted tank is typical. Doesn't matter what time of day!
For non planted tanks light schedule is not a huge deal as long as there's no algae

OP
julifhy

julifhy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
-Mak- said:
8 hours for the planted tank is typical. Doesn't matter what time of day!
For non planted tanks light schedule is not a huge deal as long as there's no algae
Ty! I love looking at my tank in the late afternoon since I have a lot to do during the day, so that works out!

Greenfungaloo

Reaction score
julifhy said:
Ty! I love looking at my tank in the late afternoon since I have a lot to do during the day, so that works out!
This is just my personal opinion, but i prefer tk try to mimic the day. So basically, i let the sun come up, and i turn the light on around 1 00, but because i dont like turning his light of into pitch darkness, i then leave the room light on for about an hour or two, then turn everything off. Hope this helps, prob not tho lol

OP
julifhy

julifhy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Greenfungaloo said:
This is just my personal opinion, but i prefer tk try to mimic the day. So basically, i let the sun come up, and i turn the light on around 1 00, but because i dont like turning his light of into pitch darkness, i then leave the room light on for about an hour or two, then turn everything off. Hope this helps, prob not tho lol
It did help! I think that I’ll be able to mimic the day as well. The tank gets a good amount (but not too much) of natural light in the morning and early afternoon, so if I turn the light on in the afternoon, I’ll be able to leave it on until probably an hour before I go to bed. My betta doesn’t go to sleep until I do, so I think this will hopefully work :)

Greenfungaloo

Reaction score
julifhy said:
It did help! I think that I’ll be able to mimic the day as well. The tank gets a good amount (but not too much) of natural light in the morning and early afternoon, so if I turn the light on in the afternoon, I’ll be able to leave it on until probably an hour before I go to bed. My betta doesn’t go to sleep until I do, so I think this will hopefully work :)
So glad i could help!!! And that sounds like a great plan!!!

New Threads