90 Gallon Tank Lighting suggestions for 24in deep, 48in long tank?

logqnty

Hello guys,
What kind of light should I get in order to grow high-light plants in a 24 deep, 48 inch long tank?
Budget is 150$ ish.
Thanks!

RayClem

Since this is a 90 gallon tank, not only do you have to consider the 48" length, the 24" height, but also the 18" width of the tank.

If you want to grow high light plants with CO2, I would suggest using two 72 watt LED lights. I had a single 72 watt LED on a 55 gallon tank. While adequate for that tank, it would not have been adequate for a 90 gallon tank, at least not for plants requiring high lighting conditions.

Due to your budget constraints, many lighting systems will be too costly. One that would be within your budget is the Hygger programmable HG-958 programmable LED. Each puts out a maximum of 72 watts, 3346 lumens and the color temperature can be programmed as desired. The light will cover the full 48" width of the tank. You can start out with just one of these lights, but I doubt you will be satisfied with the lighting coverage across the bottom of a 90 gallon tank.

The lights are $75 each on Amazon, so two they come in right at your budget.

The only thing I cannot recommend about these lights is the pityful documentation. Fortunately, there are some excellent YouTube videos that will show you how to set up the lights and program them to do what you want. The light cycle, color temperature, and intensity are fully programmable. However, the default light cycle is not bad. The light comes on at a low brightness, becomes progressively brighter and during daylight hours and the dims down to "moonlight" in the evening.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
nbalaw2016
Replies
Views
TetraKing101
Replies
Views
JLDJ
Replies
Views