Lighting setup question

JayAlva

Hello Ive seen hanging lights mostly for reef Aquariums, I want to possibly hang some lights for my 75 build. It will just be regular plants. Would hanging an LED light above a versa topped Aquarium be ok? And could it be any of the budget lights or does it need to be a different kind. I'm still in the planning phase but if I go the mounting route where the aquarium is is going to be perfect to mount it.

Best Answer - View RomeoOscar's answer

RomeoOscar

I have a DIY lighting system I made on my own, can show some pics later, just connect the cables to the lamps and the switch I use regular house bulbs. Plants do best on a daylight full spectrum, (will grow best with the addition of red and blues too), any 6500K bulb should be fine, is it 75 liter tank? Can either go with a couple 1500+ lumens or 1 of 3000, something like that... I've got a bunch of diff lamps I had at home, from 2300K to 6500K and 800 lumen to 1500. Works great for the plants.

JayAlva

I'd love to see your guide and I have a 75 gallon which I believe is 280 liters.

RomeoOscar

JayAlva said:
I'd love to see your guide and I have a 75 gallon which I believe is 280 liters.
Oh well in that case you'll need more bulbs... I think something like 4 of 5 bulbs (1 each corner 1 in the middle) of like 2000-3000 lumen should work.. Those can be a little expensive, like 5 euro a bulb but the Led bulbs are excellent for this. Not sure what kind of plants you'd wanna grow in there, can modify as you see fit, less bulbs, less lumens, whatever you want

I'll post some pictures when I go home

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom