Lighting for Planted 10

NinjaTetra

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm set up a 10 gallon with the goal of it being moderately and maybe even heavily planted. What kind of lighting can I get via Amazon that will work well for plants, look good, fits within an 18x4 inch space (i think I could make 20 inches work, but that would be tops) and is reasonably priced? I'm hoping to stay at 60 and below so I can still afford the plant part of a planted tank, if you catch my drift. Thanks!

~ <-----thats one of those cool squiggly lines you do before a signature.

LiterallyHydro

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I can attest to the Finnex FugeRays being good lights. I have one on a 23 gallon tank and it's doing wonders for the plants. I wouldn't use it for growing anything beyond upper low to low medium light plants.

NinjaTetra

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I've looked at it, it says its low light for plants. I'm aiming for medium light if its possible, but thats definitelt one of my better options.

AquaticBrandon

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
That light should grow low light plants and a few medium light plants. I'm growing medium light plants with t5's

LiterallyHydro

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I think it will do most medium light plants fine, but if you start to get into the higher range of medium light you may want to look into either the Ray2s (A bit expensive though) or going something like Quad-T5s

Kindafishy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
This one would definitely hit your criteria. It might get you into high light, so you should give thought to injected CO2. That company also makes a Pent that would lower the PAR a bit over this one.

DTurner

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Odyssea makes some inexpensive t5 lights that would be perfect for what you want to do. These would do probably up to high light on a 10 gallon tank.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

NinjaTetra

Well Known Member
Reaction score
The green element looks great! Ill look into it more but that seems like my best option by far. In the future, I'd like to get finnex, maybe if I ever rescape my 37 gallon and go high tech. Thanks for all the responses, I knew I could count on u guys!

DanB80TTS

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The Finnex planted plus or planted plus 24/7 fit in the middle on the Fugeray and the Ray2 in terms of light intensity, should also cost the same.
I know on Amazon they all cost the same for the 30"

Just looked on Amazon, you would be looking at about 70 bucks for one of the planted series at 20" long, if you have a standard 10g would should be looking at 20"lights

Last edited by a moderator:
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom