Lighting for Planted 10

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by NinjaTetra, Aug 7, 2015.

1. NinjaTetra

NinjaTetraWell Known MemberMember

I'm set up a 10 gallon with the goal of it being moderately and maybe even heavily planted. What kind of lighting can I get via Amazon that will work well for plants, look good, fits within an 18x4 inch space (i think I could make 20 inches work, but that would be tops) and is reasonably priced? I'm hoping to stay at 60 and below so I can still afford the plant part of a planted tank, if you catch my drift. Thanks!

~ <-----thats one of those cool squiggly lines you do before a signature.

2. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandonWell Known MemberMember

3. LiterallyHydro

LiterallyHydroWell Known MemberMember

I can attest to the Finnex FugeRays being good lights. I have one on a 23 gallon tank and it's doing wonders for the plants. I wouldn't use it for growing anything beyond upper low to low medium light plants.

4. OP
    OP
    NinjaTetra

I've looked at it, it says its low light for plants. I'm aiming for medium light if its possible, but thats definitelt one of my better options.

5. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandonWell Known MemberMember

That light should grow low light plants and a few medium light plants. I'm growing medium light plants with t5's

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

6. LiterallyHydro

LiterallyHydroWell Known MemberMember

I think it will do most medium light plants fine, but if you start to get into the higher range of medium light you may want to look into either the Ray2s (A bit expensive though) or going something like Quad-T5s

7. Kindafishy

KindafishyValued MemberMember

8. DTurnerValued MemberMember

9. OP
    OP
    NinjaTetra

The green element looks great! Ill look into it more but that seems like my best option by far. In the future, I'd like to get finnex, maybe if I ever rescape my 37 gallon and go high tech. Thanks for all the responses, I knew I could count on u guys!

10. DanB80TTS

DanB80TTSWell Known MemberMember

The Finnex planted plus or planted plus 24/7 fit in the middle on the Fugeray and the Ray2 in terms of light intensity, should also cost the same.
    I know on Amazon they all cost the same for the 30"

Just looked on Amazon, you would be looking at about 70 bucks for one of the planted series at 20" long, if you have a standard 10g would should be looking at 20"lights

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2015

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice