Lighting For My Tank

JadeDragon

Reaction score
so I have a 125 gallon aquarium with a hood on it. I’m wanting to transition it to LED lights that preferably have a timer and a night light.
I’m wanting recommendations on mountable LED lights or ideas to add to my current hood.
I want something that will work well to turn my large tank into a planted tank. Currently it is very low light just for the fish. I had a light that came with the tank but it popped out

hockeyguy6543

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
If you are willing to step into the more high end lights, I would recommend the Fluval 3.0. It has a programmable app to go with it and night, sunrise, daylight, and sunset modes.

JadeDragon

Reaction score
I’m definitely ok branching into that area. Any recommendations on good places to purchase?

TLeTourneau

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
The Finnex Planted+ 24/7 SE's and CC's are nice. That being said I switched to Kessil A360WE Tuna Sun lights for my 150 gallon deep planted aquarium. For advanced control you would want to look at an aquarium controller like the Neptune Apex or the Kessil Spectral Controller. Kessil makes great lights but they are not inexpensive.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom