Lighting For Mushrooms And Kenya Tree

Oarngesi
what lighting do I need to grow these will a base led light grow them just wanting to add some color to my tank. Btw it’s a standard 29 gallon with 2 clowns

Lorekeeper
"base led light" tells us almost nothing about that light. Tell us about the Kelvin rating, the wattage, the number of LEDs, etc.

However, with it being a 29 gal, I'd say any basic light will be pretty weak for coral in such a deep tank.

Oarngesi
What should I look at any recommendations on what to buy. Thanks

Nart
Current USA Marine Orbit are good dependable starter lights for a good price.
Next up would be AI Prime HD or Kessil A160WE Tuna blue...

Oarngesi
Current USA Marine Orbit are good dependable starter lights for a good price.
Next up would be AI Prime HD or Kessil A160WE Tuna blue...
its ok even though it says freshwater

Nart
I don't understand.

Oarngesi
Will the freshwater lights grow coral

Nart
No idea. That's a very broad question with vague details.
The best I can answer with is, typically freshwater lights do not provide the full spectrum that corals require and also freshwater lights do not provide adequate PAR that corals require.

Jesterrace
Freshwater lights might grow some very simple, low demand corals but it's anyone's guess as to whether it will truly work. Outside of PAR, the other issue is that a basic white light doesn't provide the color spectrum that corals need. A full spectrum light is crucial. I noticed a huge difference between my white and blue Aqueon LED and even a cheap Mars Aqua Light bar that added green and red. My Frogspawn did so-so under the old light and exploded in size under the new one.

Lorekeeper
From the way that you're talking, I think you just need to do a bit of solo research about lighting in general for saltwater corals. Figure out what all these abbreviations and numbers mean.

jamie carmichael
Nart I think the OP may be talking about the freshwater version of the AI prime HD

Nart
Nart I think the OP may be talking about the freshwater version of the AI prime HD

Oh. Well, there's a reason they sell a freshwater and saltwater version.
I'm pretty sure a freshwater AI Prime HD will not work for most Reef tanks.

TLeTourneau
The nicer freshwater lights are geared towards planted tanks and focus more on the red spectrum that the plant utilize rather than the blue spectrum that corals prefer although there are some lights that can do both.

Oarngesi
I actually bought the current USA satellite off eBay for a great deal$13 shipped new I bid before I did my research too bad it wouldn’t work

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Leann
Replies
Views
weiseront
Replies
Views
Tony_097
Replies
Views