Lighting For Medium/high Light Plants?

taylormarie213

I have a 10 gal on two 2.5 gal tanks. I will have mostly low/medium light plants but I want to be able to have a wider range of plant options to choose from and for those plants flourish and thrive.

I heard Finnex Stingray (for 2.5g) and FugeRay Planted + (for 10g)are good but there are mixed views when it comes to using those for plants that need more light.

smee82

Thunder_o_b would be my go to guy for infow on led lights I prefer using t5ho lights myself.

BlackOsprey

I've spent a lot of money on aquarium lights, and I've realized that none of them were as good as a $2 ecosmart 5000K light bulb and an $8 metal clamp light you can find at a typical hardware store.

The light is enough to grow pickier plants like bonsaI rotala and s. repens pretty vigorously. When I replaced my light bulb with a finnex stingray (5g size), my bonsaI rotala quickly shrunk to a skinny, thin low-light state. Swapping again caused them to rapidly change back.

Though, for a 2.5 gallon you might want to hang the light a couple inches from the water's surface to lower the intensity a bit. High light's a problem without CO2 injection.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Srenee
Replies
Views
Coradee
Replies
Views
dcutl002
  • Question
Replies