Lighting for a planted tank

yvonnedono

I am currently using a Fluval Aquasky. I am considering beginning to use co2 which causes a problem because the Aquasky (and their plant 3.0) lights run on bluetooth and need to be rebooted whenever the electric goes out. My concern is that the lights won't go back on but the co2 will. If I'm home no big deal - but when I'm on vacation that is going to cause problems with a house sitter who doesn't know anything about aquariums and bluetooth apps. Any suggestions for quality lights for a planted tank that can be plugged into a timer and not run on blue tooth so I can have it on a regular timer?

Phantom240

I've had great success with CO2 injection when using a Finnex Planted+ fixture. The original Planted+, that is, not the ALC, CRV, etc.

Upvote 0

yvonnedono

I've had great success with CO2 injection when using a Finnex Planted+ fixture. The original Planted+, that is, not the ALC, CRV, etc.
how did you set it up so it would staysynced with co2 even with a power outage?

Upvote 0

Phantom240

how did you set it up so it would staysynced with co2 even with a power outage?
They're on timers, the cheap mechanical ones.

Upvote 0

Netti

You have a problem regardless of CO2. If you have no light whatsoever after a power outtage, when you're on holiday, your plants won't have lights. Should be ok for a week maybe 2 if there is some ambient light or you try taking advantage of the sun from a window. But any longer and you'll probable come back to sad plants and algae.

As for the CO2, if you find a way around your power conundrum, all you have to do is drop the light intensity, stop dosing ferts if you have a diffuser and switch CO2 completely off while on vacation. You'll then be running your aquarium as a low tech planted tank for that period, thus affecting only the high tech plants.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
CTYankee79
  • Question
Replies
Views
Cody
  • Question
Replies
Views