Lighting For 48in

allnaturalallen29

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have the regular kit lights trying to grow low-mid light plants but I just need a cheaper low light led that will grow plants...any recommendations preferably under $40

oldsalt777

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
allnaturalallen29 said:
I have the regular kit lights trying to grow low-mid light plants but I just need a cheaper low light led that will grow plants...any recommendations preferably under $40
all...

I use florescent lights from the hardware store. A four bulb 48 inch fixture and 6500K, T8 bulbs isn't much more than $40.00. This lighting will grow low to medium light plants and the lights last well over a year before they need to be replaced.

Old

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

EndGame

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
bizaliz3 said:
Here is a thread/review I created about the cheap LED lights I use on my tanks. Someone else took over the thread later on with some lights they suggest. So you will have a few options on this thread.

Affordable quality LED lights for low light plants
So I love the review you did on this light and am about to give it a try.

They have a new one with a remote which might be cool....built in timer also for like 54 full spectrum.

I guess my biggest concern is people saying the power box gets hot and have even seen one that melted. I'm sure the same thing could happen with big brands too.....just trying to avoid my house burning down.

Have you had any concerns about that or any other areas of concern?

They really do look like a killer deal.

Thanks for time and the insight.

cherokeejack13

Reaction score
I just bought the Currant USA 36"-48" LED fixture on amazon for $48. It's supposed to grow all the light levels of plants.

max h

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You can also look up the Beamswork lights, they have the full spectrum and just the white/blue lights.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads