Lighting for 29 gallon planted tank

Shrimp42

I've been wanting to get the finnex stingray 2 but I also don't want to dump 60 bucks into a light. I found the nicrew light and was wondering if it would work just as good.

My main question is will this light be able to handle low to medium light plants like Amazon swords, dwarf sag, repens, anubias, etc?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200816-161037_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20200816-161037_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 53

Utar

I have a Nicrew and it is a good light, and yes it is good for the plants you have. Here is a picture of two lights on my 55 gallon aquarium. On the left is NICREW ClassicLED Gen 2 length 18- 24 inch. On the right is the COODIA Aquarium Hood Lighting length 28 - 36 inch. You can see how much brighter the Nicrew ClassicLED Gen 2 is.

55 Gallon Aquarium 8-15-20.jpg

You can also get the NICREW Dual Channel Aquarium Light Timer.
Or go with the NICREW RGB Plus Aquarium Light that comes with a remote.

But the Nicrew RGB Plus is not have as many white light leds' as the Classic Gen2.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page on amazon and you can see the comparison ratings between the different Nicrew lights.

Or you can spent a lot more money on the Finnex or Fluval Aquasky lights, with all the bells and whistles like blue tooth, cell phone controller apps, etc. But in the end all your trying to do is provide adequate lighting for you plants and the Nicrew does that at a cheaper price.

Upvote 0

Shrimp42

I have a Nicrew and it is a good light, and yes it is good for the plants you have. Here is a picture of two lights on my 55 gallon aquarium. On the left is NICREW ClassicLED Gen 2 length 18- 24 inch. On the right is the COODIA Aquarium Hood Lighting length 28 - 36 inch. You can see how much brighter the Nicrew ClassicLED Gen 2 is.

But the Nicrew RGB Plus is not have as many white light leds' as the Classic Gen2.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page on amazon and you can see the comparison ratings between the different Nicrew lights.

Or you can spent a lot more money on the Finnex or Fluval Aquasky lights, with all the bells and whistles like blue tooth, cell phone controller apps, etc. But in the end all your trying to do is provide adequate lighting for you plants and the Nicrew does that at a cheaper price.
Okay I think I'll go with the classic gen 2. I don't want to dump to much into a light. Thanks for the help.

Also that profile pic brings back good memories.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
mxnewss
Replies
Views
Liv2011
Replies
Views
Zonotrichia