Lighting effects?

1. Chance

Chance Valued Member Member

So I went to my nearby Fish Gallery not too long ago and saw this amazing tank set up with an put of this world lighting fixture. It imitated a lightning storm! I was just blown the you know what away.. So I asked about it and was informed they are extremely expensive. So I came home and have been doing research on other lighting fixtures that might be just as cool. I fount the Current USA satelite LED, but was wondering if anyone knew of any others?.. Maybe he Ramp One Pro or something like that? I currently have a Fluval 48" LED Plant and Aqualife.

Any information, suggestions or general knowledge/input would be great :) thanks! I've always used this same brand LED on all four of my tanks so I'm clueless lol!!!

Sent from my iPad using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. Phishphin

Phishphin Well Known Member Member

I've not hear of the others, but I have heard really great things of the Current USA satelite LED. I've considered getting it solely for the effects. :)

3. OP
    OP
    Chance

I have heard great things about it as well, I love the cloud cover and the way you have full control over the brightness of the light as well. But I have seen a few YouTube videos of some of the effects, and I'm not 100% sure I like the blinking lightning storm, it just seems a bit off to me..or maybe I'm just being picky lol. :) if anyone has heard of anything similiar to this please let me know!

Sent from my iPad using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

4. d

dakota Valued Member Member

I have seen 2 of the Current Satillite plus led lights and they are awsome. I bought a Nat Geo 48 inch 3 weeks ago and it went bad in3 days. several of the leds went out and about 4 of them started blinking. I took it back to Petsmart and there was another bad one setting there when I took mine back with exactly the same problem. I ordered the Current from Kens Fish good service and fast shipping. Thanks

Clean Water = Happy Healthy Fish

5. Phishphin

Nat Geo products are breaking left and right. I would never buy something from the company.

6. GgAcE

GgAcE Valued Member Member

I own 3 sets of Current USA satellite LED. It comes pre-programmed with the lightning storm. I have 2 of the larger ones on my 125 gallon tank (1 remote works with both) & 1 on my 35 gallon next to it. Inbox me if you want video of them in action or some pictures. I absolutely love them & they are sleek & fairly priced on amazon.

There is 2 lightning storm settings as well (one less "blinky" than the other"). There is also the amazing cloud cover, sunrise/sunset, & the ability to save your favorite colors. I had a red/white/blue tank for the fourth of July. My 5 year old also has her "pink" tank to show her little friends when they come over. Endless opportunities.

7. Phishphin

How are the LEDs for plant growth? Do you know their Kelvin rating?

8. GgAcE

GgAcE Valued Member Member

9. OP
    OP
    Chance

Hm, I would so love to see the lights in action!! But I'm not sure why but its saying I may not have permission to inbox you ?? Lol guess I will try again soon

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

10. t

tabshire95 Valued Member Member

I just ordered a USA current Satellite LED+ and the ramp pro timer yesterday. I've been looking into them for several weeks and finally made the purchase. I'm ecstatic to get them In and I'll be sure to update you with pics or videos on it's performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

11. Jim

Jim Well Known Member Member

I have a Current Sat + . I feel that all the effects - clouds, sun rise, storms, moon, etc are a waste. The only function I use is the ability to raise or lower the amount of light. BTW, what ever light level you turn the fixture off at, is the level the light will come back on at. No effects are automatic.

12. OP
    OP
    Chance

Tabshire95, most certainly let me know :)

13. r

renthus Well Known Member Member

Honestly, I feel like the weather effects, like the flashing lightning storm, probably just stress the fish. I wish there were an aquarium LED system where you could just plug it into a computer via USB and program it on a timer.

14. t

Look up the pro ramp timer. It has a pretty solid programmable schedule and effects ability.

15. OP
    OP
    Chance

Can I use that with my fluval LED+ I've looked into it but haven't found alot of information on it

16. t

There is a list of things the ramp timer is compatible with on the current Usa sight. I think.