Lighting A Hoodless Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanderguy777

Valued Member
Reaction score
Now that I have had the clip on, I will always. So much easier to see when cleaning because the light isn't taken off the tank!
Up to you, but that's my 2 cents

Sanderguy777

Valued Member
Reaction score
My tank is Marineland and it works well but I'm not sure of anything sold separately....
After looking on Amazon, this it the only "aquarium" light, but you can find LED strip lights all day. Some can be submerged in aquariums or suction cupped to the walls. If I were doing it, I would get something like the second link...

Sanderguy777

Valued Member
Reaction score
any brand is fine probably, but waterproof and maybe fishsafe (it only gets water dripped on it or falls in the water sometimes. unless it is made from cyanide, it should be just fine)

OP
seth rodgers

seth rodgers

Valued Member
Reaction score
My tank is Marineland and it works well but I'm not sure of anything sold separately....
After looking on Amazon, this it the only "aquarium" light, but you can find LED strip lights all day. Some can be submerged in aquariums or suction cupped to the walls. If I were doing it, I would get something like the second link...
Is that second one a clip on?

Sanderguy777

Valued Member
Reaction score
The second one was just a light strip. On closer examination, it has no white light setting just red, green, blue and maybe combo of those, but no clips.

It has adhesive strips but they are almost certainly not Aquarium safe. So clips could be purchased or made. But it does not seem to come with any.

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hang it is always a good method.

I would suggest going with lights like kessil, since they give a nice ripple effect which looks amazing for hoodless aquariums.

OP
seth rodgers

seth rodgers

Valued Member
Reaction score
The second one was just a light strip. On closer examination, it has no white light setting just red, green, blue and maybe combo of those, but no clips.

It has adhesive strips but they are almost certainly not Aquarium safe. So clips could be purchased or made. But it does not seem to come with any.
Is the first one clip on? the one that has the two light bars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom