Lighting A Big Tank

scolwell19

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hello all. I am in the process of starting a new 250 gallon aquarium. I hope I can grow a few plants in it not many because I will have cichlids and they can tear them up. But I would like a couple large Amazon swords and such in there eventually. I am curious to see how others have done big planted tanks as well. If you have pics that would be amazing advice is welcomed as well. At the moment I am leaning towards a diy LED flood light system but not sure on how many watts to use. Or how many lights.

TLeTourneau

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I would look at the Chinese black box lights like MarsAqua or VIPARSPECTRA if the cost is a concern. Check out or

-Mak-

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Kessil tuna suns are very powerful and suitable for large tanks, but they are pricey. George Farmer has quite a few youtube videos and instagram photos of tanks that use them.

TLeTourneau

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Kessil tuna suns are very powerful and suitable for large tanks, but they are pricey. George Farmer has quite a few youtube videos and instagram photos of tanks that use them.
The Kessil's are great but pricey, I have a pair of 360 Sun's on my 150 gallon. That's why I didn't mention them.
7744a57730d6289e90817b3d55bf3728.jpg

scolwell19

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I'll check them out for sure.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom