Light With Moon Setting

mtm45

So Today I had to replace a lighting hood and I got this one that has a moon setting that emits a dim, dark blue light in the tank. I was wondering if it is better to have the moon light on or just to turn the light off in general for night time. I have Zebra Danios, Neon Tetras, Red Minor Tetras, and plays which I blanked on the name of, but the orange ones with black tails.

michelleh

If it's a true night time setting it shouldn't bother the fish! I have one as well it's a blue color rather than the white but it's the secondary set of blue lights on mine that emit much less light. I have 3 settings on mine. But imo it's personal choice and I have mine set to be on for a few hours in the evening just so I can look at them if I'm in the room without the main light being on for 12+ hours. However I'm not a light expert but I've never read or been told otherwise.

max h

My lights have the moonlight setting, at night when I'm going to bed I just shut off the light all together. The moonlight setting is nice to use at night as it shows off different coloration's in the fish. Normally if I have people over I may use the moonlight setting.

mtm45

If it's a true night time setting it shouldn't bother the fish! I have one as well it's a blue color rather than the white but it's the secondary set of blue lights on mine that emit much less light. I have 3 settings on mine. But imo it's personal choice and I have mine set to be on for a few hours in the evening just so I can look at them if I'm in the room without the main light being on for 12+ hours. However I'm not a light expert but I've never read or been told otherwise.
I was thinking of doing something like that because my old light hood took fluorescent lightbulbs but I had to switch over to LED just because petsmart only really sells them, the new light is more intense then the last one so it could be a nice break

mtm45

My lights have the moonlight setting, at night when I'm going to bed I just shut off the light all together. The moonlight setting is nice to use at night as it shows off different coloration's in the fish. Normally if I have people over I may use the moonlight setting.
Okay thanks, they do look cool in them, it’s a nice contrast to the day one

max h

The blue stripe on my neons really stand out with the moonlight setting on. It's interesting when you have about 20 of them.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Dubz
Replies
Views
prengm
Replies
Views
ruud
Replies