Light problems-help ASAP

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by petaddiction, Aug 4, 2014.

1. petaddiction

petaddiction Well Known Member Member

So I'm going to petsmart for some food so it would be awesome if someone could get back to me soon!
    So my betta is in a 10 gallon tank by himself and the light he has makes the temperature go up if it's on for too long. I was wondering if there was anyway I could fix this? Id like to leave his light on all day, but I get nervous to leave it on when I'm gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. jdhef

jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

You could pick up an LED light. They will not heat the tank at all. I have the MarineLand Standard bright lights on all of my tanks. One think though, they are much more expensive at Petsmart than they are at Amazon.com

3. OP
    OP
    petaddiction

petaddiction Well Known Member Member

Alright thanks. Could you link me to the one on amazon?

4. Kindafishy

Kindafishy Valued Member Member

Another thought - Petsmart now has the National Geographic LED lights that have been getting good reviews. I bought one on sale with free shipping as an add-on to my tank this weekend.

5. jdhef

jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

6. d

dgmirage Valued Member Member

i would be very cautious purchasing a national geographic led. i bought the starter kit and the light would not last more than about 3 weeks. i continually exchanged them (still covered under warranty) until i got fed up and returned the entire starter kit. perhaps the evaporation interfered with the light as it didn't appear well sealed.

7. TheCoolFish

TheCoolFish Valued Member Member

Put a timer on it they are $5 at target and don't run it for more than 7 hours.

I have a 215 watt 4 bulb with led night lights for my 55g running for about 6 hours and my tank doesn't raise a single degrees but it is a hotter tank at 80 degrees

Mine has a built in time but I use a timer on my overflow filter just the light is on at night

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2014

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice