Light Identification

St4rving_4rtist

Considering buying this setup off a guy on craigslist, a Fluval Evo 13.5g, but he updated the lighting with a coral light and doesn't know what brand or even light it is. Can someone ID it? Sorry for the bad pics, that's all he had. Thanks!

(BTW he wanted 125, I talked him down to 60. Is this even worth it? Thanks!)

Newbie1234

I do not know what the light but try to take him down to 50. Even if he doesn't budge I would still buy it IMO.

Dennis57

I think the set up goes for like 150.00 new. Sounds like a good deal

Fisch

How bad do you want it? These Fluval tanks are beautiful and high quality. Even for $60 it is worth it....as long as it does not leak.

St4rving_4rtist

I Kinda love the tank - it fits perfectly on my desk where I want it, and I like the simple all-in-one filtration (plus the new lighting is a big plus, coral lights look crazy expensive from what I've seen, even for a small tank)

St4rving_4rtist

Wow, thanks! I guess now I know its a really cheap light. Mabey it isn't worth if I'm gonna need a new light...

BettasAreSuperior

AcornTheBetta . Do you know what light this is? I Just have a hunch you know.

St4rving_4rtist

I asked for and received a better picture of the light and tank, which I linked below. The aquarium actually looks like it has scratches on the front panel, and if it does that's probably a deal breaker. I don't want to be constantly looking at scratched glass...

AcornTheBetta

BettasAreSuperior said:
AcornTheBetta . Do you know what light this is? I Just have a hunch you know.
Lol I have no clue.

Jesterrace

St4rving_4rtist said:
Considering buying this setup off a guy on craigslist, a Fluval Evo 13.5g, but he updated the lighting with a coral light and doesn't know what brand or even light it is. Can someone ID it? Sorry for the bad pics, that's all he had. Thanks!

That "Coral Light" if it is indeed the one in the link above is definitely no coral growth light. I would trust the stock Fluval light long before that thing. For $60 I would say it's worth it if the tank and other equipment are in decent shape, but I would definitely plan on upgrading the light for corals.

St4rving_4rtist

Apparently he doesn't have the original light that came with the tank, would any of you have a suggestion for a good, solid light that would preferably be $50 or less? I know this is really on the cheap side, but if I'm really trying to not spend $100 on a light

KribensisLover1

If I buy an expensive aquarium light and then get a larger tank can I buy brackets to make the same light longer

Tallen78

St4rving_4rtist said:

I have this very tank and I paid 129 dollars at petco but before u consider the buy let me tell you what’s going on first ur going to have to upgrade the pump for sure 35 dollars for the Rhein 1000 that’s what I bought after that add in another 120 for the in tank media baskets 1&2 money well spent and then the lighting I’m not sure what light that is but I went with the ai prime 16hd 209 dollars so that where u stand if u want a stable nicely stocked tank and don’t forget the live rock and sand

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom