light for planted aquarium

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by LilChicken, Aug 2, 2015.

1. LilChicken

LilChickenValued MemberMember

I'm trying to find an LED light for my 75g (48x18) and I seem to have found a good deal at Petco on a Marineland LED Aquarium Strip Light SKU:2398139. It's either that or the Aqueon LED Aquarium Light fixture model 15614 that I found on Amazon. I'm looking for a light that will be suitable for low light plants but not too expensive either, ideally the light will be less than $120. Will either of these work? Please help!

2. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

3. LiterallyHydro

LiterallyHydroWell Known MemberMember

4. OP
    OP
    LilChicken

LilChickenValued MemberMember

Wow, thank you both for the quick response! I'll check it out :)

5. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

6. LiterallyHydro

LiterallyHydroWell Known MemberMember

;D

7. Dolfan

DolfanFishlore VIPMember

For getting started with a low light / low tech tank, the Finnex Planted Plus is the way to go. It will put most tanks in the low to medium light range. The Ray 2 is much brighter and will put most tanks in the medium to high range.

Almost all of your supplies and equipment needed will be found for much cheaper online. Unfortunately the local places and big box stores are so overpriced it's ridiculous. Save your money, do some planning and check out places like bigalspets.com for your supplies, and amazon or ebay even for some equipment.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice