Light for low to medium plants

GracieGoodman6

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have a 6.25 gallon tank and Im going to get low to medium level plants. If I did it correctly I think I would need a 12 watt light. This is my first time keeping live plants and trying to figure out the right lighting. Do you guys know of any LED lights that are 12 watts or are good for low-med light plants?

Thanks!

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years

GracieGoodman6

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
TexasDomer said:
Watts per gallon is not a great method of determining how much lighting you need. PAR is better, though unfortunately PAR meters are expensive and we don't have much info on the PAR of many fixtures.
https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/10-lighting/184368-lighting-aquarium-par-instead-watts.html

What's your price limit? Finnex makes some fixtures that are great for plants.

What kind of plants are you getting?
I dont want something too expensive but around $30-40. Ive heard a lot of good things about Finnex, I might try them but I need to figure out how much light I need.

I just plan on getting low to medium light plants, like java moss, amazon sword, java fern, anubias nana, and maybe a few others I come across.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Those listed are low light, and lower light fixtures are cheaper, so that's good! You can always DIY too - I use dome fixtures from a hardware store with good bulbs.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom