Light For 60g Slightly Planted Tank

shanshansmash

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Would this suffice? I like the idea of having wireless controls. The tank is 25 inches high. Have some moss on driftwood with some other random assortment of plants. Probably beginners plants
20180911_145022.jpg

jacob thompson

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
What is the .6 Watts per gallons for that tall a plant for low light plants you want almost 1watt per gallon to be able to grow plants in that depth. I had to get the finnex planted + so I could have good plant growth in my 65, same height as your tank.
Edit: just saw that the box showed the wattage, that should be enough to grow low light and low demand plants

jacob thompson

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
What is the watt per gallons for that tall a plant for low light plants you want almost 1watt per gallon to be able to grow plants in that depth. I had to get the finnex planted + so I could have good plant growth in my 65, same height as your tank.

max h

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Everything I ever read on LED lights only considered the par of the light and not wattage

OP
shanshansmash

shanshansmash

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
So the finnex plus is 48 inches and my tank is 48.5 would that fit?

LeviS

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I have a 24” tall tank, I purchased a beamswork/green element evo light with 3W leds, but I have a heavy plant load and a couple require more of a medium light, can assist you better if we know exactly what plants you have. The stock light that came with my tank allowed my water sprite to grow but my bacopa was dying, I had to upgrade.

jacob thompson

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
shanshansmash said:
So the finnex plus is 48 inches and my tank is 48.5 would that fit?
Yes it would because of the way it attaches to the tank. And I enjoy the light has a 24 hour mode and I’m able to grow jungle val, amazon swords and anubias when it’s shaded.

New Threads