Light for 10g?

natureandwildlife

I'm working on setting up my first 10 gallon reef tank. I need to find a light that will support all corals that I would potentially have. I really don't want to spend a fortune on the light because I'd rather put that money inside the tank. I have managed to find some lights that claI'm to be good enough for all corals but it'll have mixed reviews so I'm not sure what to believe. I'd love some advice. Thank you!

natureandwildlife

natureandwildlife said:
I'm working on setting up my first 10 gallon reef tank. I need to find a light that will support all corals that I would potentially have. I really don't want to spend a fortune on the light because I'd rather put that money inside the tank. I have managed to find some lights that claI'm to be good enough for all corals but it'll have mixed reviews so I'm not sure what to believe. I'd love some advice. Thank you!
What are some opinions on this light?

RDcompton03

I don't want to sound dicouraging but your going to have a stuggle keeping corals healthy in a 10 gal tank. There are some such as mushroom corals that can be okay but not many.

saltwater60

Seems like a nice light.
You can do corals in a 10 gallon tank but as stated it is a challenge and your water tip offs will have to be 1-2 times daily so you don’t get salinity fluctuations.
Also water changes and mineral replenishments will need to be spot on with very regular testing.
You are likely better off going with a larger tank so you can avoid buying auto too offs and auto dosers.

Top Bottom