Light Duration

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by the guy, Apr 23, 2017.

?

How long do you leave your light on through out the day?

1. 8 hours a day like a responsible human

42.9%
  2. 12 hours a day because I'm only a human being

28.6%
  3. Lights? HA. the sun is all I need

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I LIKE TO LEAVE MY LIGHTS ALL THE TIME ON SO I CAN SEE ALL THE FISHIES

28.6%
  5. I have no structure to my life and sometimes there is light and sometimes there is not. sue me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. the guyValued MemberMember

I just wanted to see the consensus of what people do for their personal tanks

2. TwoHedWlfWell Known MemberMember

Mine are on 15 hours about. From 8am to 11pm. Or somewhere around there. The timer likes to reset if i switch off one of the nearby outlets and i can never remember exactly what i set it to the time before.

3. smee82Fishlore VIPMember

Mine are on for about 6hrs. They get turned on around 4pm and turned off around 10pm.

4. thisindianguyNew MemberMember

I don't go more than 4-5 hours and I have non planted tank.

5. Bizarro252Well Known MemberMember

I voted 12 hrs, but really I have them on from 7am to 9:30pm...and debating on extending that to 10:30pm because sometimes the flippin lights go out when I am in the middle of a water change if I get home late :D

6. BottomDwellerFishlore VIPMember

I think 8-12 hours is good. I have mine on for about 10 hours usually but I try to vary it through the year so it is more natural for the fish, so about 8 hours in winter and 12 in summer.

7. TwoHedWlfWell Known MemberMember

Discovered this morning they come on at 7am when I was sitting at my computer next to them and it came on. Might move it an hour earlier so the light comes on just before I leave for work and about 11pm so it turns off after I go to bed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice