Lids options for rimless?

OJteddy0824

I have a rimless tank with a hang-on-back filter. Plus cords/ openings for airstone, heater and Finnex light that sits over edge on both sides. Want to add nerite snails or some kind of livestock to rimless for algae control, but from my experience... snails wander. Any suggestions on a lid or champion algae eater that's not a snail? Or just controlling gsa?

MoshJosh

I’ve had good luck with snails in rimless tanks, but could do amano shrimp, or bristle nose pleco if the tank is large enough.

OJteddy0824

Thanks! I have amano.. maybe not enough to keep up. I love bristlenose plecos, and they'd be good with my tank, but I heard they don't eat much algae..

Still love the idea of some snails. They have been awesome for my other (lidded) tank.. but I just don't trust them. Glad you don't have issues.

CloudClimber23

As a lid, I've used clips that sit slightly below the opening then put egg crate on them with plants on that.

Otocinclus are cool little algae eaters but are primarily wild caught and can have issues when initially purchased. I've bought 20 in the last year and 7 are thriving/in my tank for over 6 months. They can jump out but never have for me. They do best in groups.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Tallen78
Replies
Views
Jocelyn Adelman
Replies
Views
jake37
Replies
Views