Lid for Current Satellite Pro LED

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Maltese, Jul 16, 2015.

1. M

Maltese Valued Member Member

Right now I have a 29 gallon Aqueom tank and I'm planning to purchase a Current Satellite Pro LED. I'm also planning to purchase African dwarf frogs for the tank. However I've heard people say that frogs tend to jump out of the tanks so I need a lid. What lids do people recommend I purchase that works with this LED?

2. chrt396

chrt396 Well Known Member Member

The Aqueon Glass Versa top is usually the best bet. I have them on all my tanks. Just don't drop them! I have a puncture wound on the top of my foot to show you why!

http://www.amazon.com/All-Glass-Aquarium-AAG29030-30-Inch/dp/B0002AS802

3. OP
    OP
    M

Thanks! Question though, do I put the LED on top or below the lid?

4. chrt396

You get the top...and you'll have the glass of course that is joined by a flexible rubber hinge. That way you can open and close the lid for maintenance and feeding. The LED light just goes on top of the glass. Periodically, you;ll need to clean the glass to rid yourself of mineral deposits from the water that splashes up on the glass. I use white vinegar on a paper towel and that eats it right off. There will be a plastic attachment that goes on the back of the glass that seals the tank in the rear. You will need to cut that with a pair of scissors to fit around any filters or tubes.

5. chrt396

Here are some pics to view.

29 gallon tank with Finnex light and canister tubes
    tank 1.jpg tank 5.jpg

55 gallon tank with canister tubes and Satellite Plus
    tank 3.jpg

90 gallon tank with Canister tubes and UV tubes with a Satellite Pro Plus and an Aqua sky
    tank 4.jpg

29 gallon tank #2 with HOB Filter and Satellite Plus
    tank 2.jpg

6. OP
    OP
    M

Thanks for the pictures! I do have to ask though, I use an AquaClear 70 filter. Doesn't that mean that I have to keep some of the lid opened in order to fit in the filter? Wouldn't that give frogs a means to escape?

7. chrt396

Make it a tight fit and shouldn't be a problem!! Hmmm...do you have a cat? He'll find them if one of your frogs gets out!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice