Liberty Mollies

Kasshan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
so I got 3 females and 1 male, they look rather plain, but I hear they are rather rare and they are wild caught. since they were given to me for free i took them without protest. i cant wait for the male to color up like in pictures on google. maybe i can proliferate this strain and also make a sailfin hybrid. however if im going to that I have to get rid of the other common mollies i currently have and get virgin females, so it looks like the common mollies i have right now are going into the Jack Dempsey tank.

Annie59

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I had to look those up. I never heard of them before, the males are pretty, good luck with the breeding!

emeraldking

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Kasshan said:
so I got 3 females and 1 male, they look rather plain, but I hear they are rather rare and they are wild caught. since they were given to me for free i took them without protest. i cant wait for the male to color up like in pictures on google. maybe i can proliferate this strain and also make a sailfin hybrid. however if im going to that I have to get rid of the other common mollies i currently have and get virgin females, so it looks like the common mollies i have right now are going into the Jack Dempsey tank.
They're great to keep. I keep and breed them as well. The coloration of the fins does differ per male. When the male does color up, he must have black, white (non or just a bit in the caudal) and red in both caudal as dorsal fin.
Annie59 said:
I had to look those up. I never heard of them before, the males are pretty, good luck with the breeding!
This is a wild strain of mollies.
IMG_5746.jpg

IMG_5748b.jpg

IMG_4825.jpg

DSCF0570.JPG

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom