Lfs...

1. cameronpalte Member Member

Ok, this won't happen for 10 years-never (somewhere in that time frame)., as I'm 13, and just started looking at fish but just wondering what would you need and what are the prices to starting your own local fish store... if this matters at all it will probably be in san jose area... thanks:).

2. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

I'd say you'd need a lot experience keeping fish before trying to sell them. :)

3. cameronpalte Member Member

I know, I was just wondering what goes in it... I don't think I can legally own one right now either way.

4. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

In ten years prices will be totally different.
    Research, research, research, experience, slowing down and learning. Listening more than you talk. These will all lead to being a successful business person.

People stop listening to people who just spout words without knowing their meaning and how they fit into the aquarium world. So educate yourself before trying to educate others.
    Carol

5. cameronpalte Member Member

Nice advice, thanks!

6. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

The biggest thing, is love what you do, plain and simple as it always shows in your work. If you love to keep fish then your tanks at the store will show it. When you love what you do you always want to keep furthering your own knowledge plus that of what you need for the job.

With the internet the way it is, who knows what will be available in 10 years for buildings but if your serious about it I would highly recommend looking into business courses when you think about college and really concentrate on your math and english now.

7. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

8. cameronpalte Member Member

9. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

:;bk:;bkStay in School and get an awesome education. That will teach you how to run a business (not that you can't without it) but there is no good substitute for an education!!

10. cameronpalte Member Member

Ok thanks for advice.

11. mikegip Initiate Member

U are too worry.
    cameronpalte
    If you know how to make money.
    Even u don't sell fish .you can finish your dream with other ways.
    kid.
    study study and study
    more thought.more knowledge.